Building my house in Sattahip

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building my house in Sattahip

Postby arranp » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 pm

i've decided to put aside time to read every page to compile a set of notes
arranp

Postby Marlon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:06 pm

pre mix concrete should be closer to 1500 baht Cu m. And maybe a small delivery fee. You need to check the quality though. I have had it come with only rock and cement, no sand, and also sometimes not mixed properly. You may need to stop them, and speed up the agi to mix it. One load, all the stone came first, and then the slurry at the end, and we had to add our own stone by hand.
Marlon

Postby arranp » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:20 pm

phuket I think price is double
arranp

Postby arranp » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm

did you consider spraying the underside of your internal ground floor with the PU Foam insulation ? but I think your ground floor is in direct contact with the earth ?

http://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/passive-cooling

my house will be raised on stilts/columns, therefore will have an air flow of ambient air temp moving around it. I've seen some pictures where ground floors are not in direct contact with the earth, ie. raised on columns, transfer heat from the ambient temp through the floor material ie. concrete into the house.
arranp

Postby fredlk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:50 pm

arranp wrote:did you consider spraying the underside of your internal ground floor with the PU Foam insulation ?

No, that would be ridiculous.
arranp wrote: I think your ground floor is in direct contact with the earth ?

It is not.
fredlk

Postby arranp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:45 pm

fredlk wrote:
arranp wrote:I note you stated not to use stainless steel screws, may I ask what fastner type that was used ?

It's the KlipLok system. The clips are attached to the roof steel and the roofing sheets are pressed into place on top of the clips.
arranp wrote:Also, just to clear up a query in my mind, the colorbond metal, I think was 92% reflective ? I read the following article which gives white tiles a higher rating.

That's rate of reflectance. Metal retains less heat than tiles so overall white metal is better than white tiles.
arranp wrote:Can you direct me to the information on reflective levels for the colourbond metal.

I can't remember where it was, somewhere online I found with Google.
It gave as material metal as the best for NOT retaining heat and white as the best colour for reflecting heat so I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.

I think found it http://coolroofs.org/
arranp

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

arranp wrote:
fredlk wrote:
arranp wrote:I note you stated not to use stainless steel screws, may I ask what fastner type that was used ?

It's the KlipLok system. The clips are attached to the roof steel and the roofing sheets are pressed into place on top of the clips.
arranp wrote:Also, just to clear up a query in my mind, the colorbond metal, I think was 92% reflective ? I read the following article which gives white tiles a higher rating.

That's rate of reflectance. Metal retains less heat than tiles so overall white metal is better than white tiles.
arranp wrote:Can you direct me to the information on reflective levels for the colourbond metal.

I can't remember where it was, somewhere online I found with Google.
It gave as material metal as the best for NOT retaining heat and white as the best colour for reflecting heat so I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.

I think found it http://coolroofs.org/

I don't think so
image.jpg
It's in this pdf

image.jpg
Detail
Sometimewoodworker

Previous

Return to Your Building Story