Mae On Country Home

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Mae On Country Home

Postby pattayapope » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 am

Robert my contract gardener has a ride on mower which he bought new for around 160,000 baht if you are interested I can get some more details. Place looks really nice and you must be very proud of your new home.

Regards

PP
pattayapope

Postby Rick B » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Robertkc, regarding lawn mowers, I just purchased a Husqvarna self-propelled mower with front wheel drive and large rear wheels. The motor is a Briggs & Stratton. It has a side shoot which lets the cut grass exit the mower. There is no bag provided for collecting the grass clippings, though. I bought it at the Husqvarna store on Or Nut in Bangkok. Price after a slight negotiation was 20,000 baht. It's the best mower, IMHO, that I've found in Thailand. I really miss the mower I brought here 5 years ago from the USA. But this new Husqvarna is the closest thing I could find here.
Rick B

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm

robertkc wrote:The best addition we`ve made since moving in has been these concertina style screen doors on our front door & l/r deck doors;

They look very good do you have any information on make, where to find them and a rough price?

You have some features that I've been planning and am going to use when we finally build.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby robertkc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 pm

pattayapope wrote:Robert my contract gardener has a ride on mower which he bought new for around 160,000 baht

Well above my pay grade unfortunately... and as its almost certainly from Europe or the US it really would stick in the craw to pay 100% more than the price outside Thailand.
robertkc

Postby robertkc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Rick B wrote:Robertkc, regarding lawn mowers, I just purchased a Husqvarna self-propelled mower with front wheel drive and large rear wheels. The motor is a Briggs & Stratton. It has a side shoot which lets the cut grass exit the mower. There is no bag provided for collecting the grass clippings, though. I bought it at the Husqvarna store on Or Nut in Bangkok. Price after a slight negotiation was 20,000 baht. It's the best mower, IMHO, that I've found in Thailand. I really miss the mower I brought here 5 years ago from the USA. But this new Husqvarna is the closest thing I could find here.

I did look at that one on the Husky website; nice looking & quite a bit more than I paid for my Chinese one with Honda motor . The problem with all these selfpropelled untits tends to be the quick wear on plastic gears used on the drive wheels... when I do wear mine out I`m going to try & make my own metal geared wheels.
robertkc

Postby sirineou » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:24 pm

robertkc wrote:
Rick B wrote:Robertkc, regarding lawn mowers, I just purchased a Husqvarna self-propelled mower with front wheel drive and large rear wheels. The motor is a Briggs & Stratton. It has a side shoot which lets the cut grass exit the mower. There is no bag provided for collecting the grass clippings, though. I bought it at the Husqvarna store on Or Nut in Bangkok. Price after a slight negotiation was 20,000 baht. It's the best mower, IMHO, that I've found in Thailand. I really miss the mower I brought here 5 years ago from the USA. But this new Husqvarna is the closest thing I could find here.

I did look at that one on the Husky website; nice looking & quite a bit more than I paid for my Chinese one with Honda motor . The problem with all these selfpropelled untits tends to be the quick wear on plastic gears used on the drive wheels... when I do wear mine out I`m going to try & make my own metal geared wheels.

I agree with that,
I have a self propelled lawnmower, and my plastic gears have also stripped. :(
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby robertkc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
robertkc wrote:The best addition we`ve made since moving in has been these concertina style screen doors on our front door & l/r deck doors;

They look very good do you have any information on make, where to find them and a rough price?

The doors were purchased through a local agent who did the install, but came from this supplier: http://www.modern-net.com/gallery.html We paid around 34k for 2 X 2m wide doors - there`s a high premium for the wood grain frames. Very expensive but no regrets as they are such a nice fit with our teak doors & the plain painted al. frames would have looked tacky.
robertkc

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Shame that pictures do not do your creation justice .... anyone visiting would think that you are a professional landscaper gardener!

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby gojothebear » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 pm

I saw that you were looking for a local contractor a bit back and it's good to see that you've found one. We're planning to install a pool this cold season at our house here in Chiang Mai. We're thinking of 8 m by 7m at 1.4 m depth and then a 2 m by 2m kids area. Is there any chance that you could send me the contact info for your pool contractor? We're trying to get quotes and see who is available in the next few months. I can't PM because I'm new on the site, but my email is camacongo@gmail.com and I would really appreciate any leads you could give me.

Thanks
gojothebear

Postby olavhome » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:15 pm

[quote="robertkc"]
cp7.jpg
cp9.jpg
cp9a.jpg
cp9b.jpg
10cm bottom/5cm sides , double wire reinforced, rendered ( all with waterproofing additive) & topped off with a rolled on coat of Lanko 228 waterproofing mortar. prox 400m2/ 98,000b complete.

Hi, long time with no news on progress after finishing the house.
How about the dams, are they ok or leaking :?:
And how about garden development :?:
olavhome

Postby robertkc » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 pm

olavhome wrote:[
Hi, long time with no news on progress after finishing the house.
How about the dams, are they ok or leaking :?:
And how about garden development :?:

Have a few things on the go now & plan to update on home & garden in a couple of months; our ponds are ok, (at least where I didn`t ignore my own observations of rainy season water levels, but more on that later) and yes, of course they leak a bit, with the pvc liner being by far the least leaky/easiest to install & create a natural looking pond/ cheapest method imo.
robertkc

Postby Sunpax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:02 pm

I look again at you house and I still love it very much ! for me one of the most beautiful house on forums !

Happy New Year......
Sunpax

Previous

Return to Your Building Story