Nong Khai project

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Nong Khai project

Postby MGV12 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:31 pm

chedd44 wrote:.

Guess the good news about filling the land now is that I have about a year to plan the house etc .

thanks to all

The type of 'fill' you filling with and what are you filling on top off, without a geologist on the team, plus of course what you are looking to build can make the "when can I start my build? question as variable in its response as the "how long is a piece of string" question.

If you are happy to leave it for a year to settle that's not an issue .........

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby loxley328 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Chedd44

Just to say that I am also planning a house Tha Bo way ...closer to Sangkhom, along the river bank. I have done a fair amount of land filling etc, about 3 years ago, and plan to start to build when I retire up there, which is likely to be around the end 2011. It would be interesting to compare notes. <removed email from post, Dozer> should you wish to contact directly. Good luck with Tha Bo.
loxley328

Postby Nawty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am

MGV12 wrote:
chedd44 wrote:[ Trouble is finding a way to bring it to LOS without being fleeced by the customs.

I know a guy that bought his in from England last year I think....he could tell you how and how much, he lives in CM
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby MGV12 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:36 am

Nawty wrote:
MGV12 wrote:
chedd44 wrote:[ Trouble is finding a way to bring it to LOS without being fleeced by the customs.

I know a guy that bought his in from England last year I think....he could tell you how and how much, he lives in CM

Would appreciate his contact details if you could you pm them to me -- thanks

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Nawty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm

I will find his email and send....remind me if you do n ot hear from me about it in week or so
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby geordie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 am

I would apreciate a copy of info as wife has a pet mini fully restored (she will not drive) and wants to ship it over but i believe there is an age limit also anyone shipping a london base company has quoted me £1200 for a twenty foot container to BKK which I thought very reasonable ???
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby chedd44 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Just to say that I am also planning a house Tha Bo way ...closer to Sangkhom, along the river bank. I have done a fair amount of land filling etc, about 3 years ago, and plan to start to build when I retire up there, which is likely to be around the end 2011. It would be interesting to compare notes. <removed email from post, Dozer> should you wish to contact directly. Good luck with Tha Bo.[/quote]

Hi Loxley 328 , yes I would like to keep in touch , are you in LOS ?
chedd44

Previous

Return to Your Building Story