Nong Khai project

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Nong Khai project

Postby chedd44 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi , we have decided to build on our land near Nong Khai ( Thabo ) its 65 X 50 Metres , we need at least 3 bedrooms , our budget is around 2.8 million baht ( exc the land price ) what can I get for that ? anyone with some pics or advise ? , I intend to be around whilst building is under way but have little experience myself and although this post is only intended as start to my project I would welcome a pm from any interested parties ! we almost certainly want 2 floors with a mixture of thai and western styles inside and out , i am in thabo from oct 23 till nov 3 so will post some pics of the land ....

Trevor
chedd44

Re: Nong Khai project

Postby changnoi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Trevor, changnoi here se my photo gallery i am starting to build today in Ban Mo about 12-15kms from you. You can email me on bob-boxall@asia-digital.co.nz if you want to ask any questions from me.
changnoi

Postby chedd44 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 am

Hi Trevor, changnoi here se my photo gallery i am starting to build today in Ban Mo about 12-15kms from you. You can email me on bob-boxall@asia-digital.co.nz if you want to ask any questions from me.[/quote]

looks a stunning sunset over the mighty mekong .....have emailed you..

Trevor
chedd44

Postby chedd44 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Am now in nong khai ( tha bo ) had a mini jungle torn down today to give us an extra 20 metres in width , took a very large cat 5 hours ... lord knows how many hours for man and shovel to do , been searching around for prices for a 10 wheeler to fill the hole up and raise the land level , low grade soil/sand is 650 per truck ...is that good bad or normal ? , have some pics but my charger got left in the uk so will download all once the land fill is up n running.
chedd44

Postby chedd44 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Well I will soon be leaving , heading for bkk for a few before returning to london , will be back in Feb for at least a month , this has been more of a fill project so far , 100 trucks at 650 a pop has still not done the job , looks like another 100 to go ... the site looks huge now and I am thinking we could sell half of it and still have to much !! pics to follow ...... is there anybody out there ? does anybody care ?
chedd44

Postby MGV12 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:19 pm

chedd44 wrote:Well I will soon be leaving , heading for bkk for a few before returning to london , will be back in Feb for at least a month , this has been more of a fill project so far , 100 trucks at 650 a pop has still not done the job , looks like another 100 to go ... the site looks huge now and I am thinking we could sell half of it and still have to much !! pics to follow ...... is there anybody out there ? does anybody care ?

Hi chedd44 >>> caring is the bedrock of what CTH is all about -- just let those who can offer help and support know exactly what you need.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby chedd44 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm

MGV12 wrote:
chedd44 wrote:Well I will soon be leaving , heading for bkk for a few before returning to london , will be back in Feb for at least a month , this has been more of a fill project so far , 100 trucks at 650 a pop has still not done the job , looks like another 100 to go ... the site looks huge now and I am thinking we could sell half of it and still have to much !! pics to follow ...... is there anybody out there ? does anybody care ?

Hi chedd44 >>> caring is the bedrock of what CTH is all about -- just let those who can offer help and support know exactly what you need.

Do you have an MG V 12 ? I had a 66 roadster ... i loved it , but anyway thanks for that , have tried pm'ing a jazzy guy a few days ago but think he is busy ... dirt fill company are now using 6 wheelers at 325 a pop ... at least its consitent ! and they are leveling the site included ....
chedd44

Postby MGV12 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

chedd44 wrote:
MGV12 wrote:

Do you have an MG V 12 ? I had a 66 roadster ... i loved it , but anyway thanks for that , have tried pm'ing a jazzy guy a few days ago but think he is busy ... dirt fill company are now using 6 wheelers at 325 a pop ... at least its consitent ! and they are leveling the site included ....

Never personally needed much in the way of dirt fill but at face value a 6-wheeler at 325TBH a pop sounds very good.

And yes I do have an MGV12 >> MG thought that installing a V8 was stretching the envelope too far but my V12 has been on the road and trouble free since 1988; I had an MG restoration company in the UK for 10 years. Trouble is finding a way to bring it to LOS without being fleeced by the customs.

When you get back in Feb post any more questions you may have, members are usually good at responding quickly.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby changnoi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:33 am

Hey chedd44 when do you leave the area if you drop me your contact details on bob-boxall@asia-digital.co.nz I can pass them on to the afore mentioned individual who could/should be quite busy at the moment. But he would be keen to catch up before you go i would imagine.

Onwards
changnoi

Postby jazzman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Sorry to chip in here a bit late, but yes, apart from continuing to be a workaholic, I have been blighted by an exceptionally poor, but very expensive satellite Internet connection. Also, some of the events on other parts of this board over the last few months have caused me to lose much of my enthusiasm for it - to the entire satisfaction of my detractors.

350 baht seems reasonable for a 6-wheel load of fill dirt, although you were probably getting a slightly better deal with the 10-wheeler. The payload of a 10-wheeler is slightly over double that of a 6-wheeler. I have a friend who is filling in some tobacco plantations on the riverside between Nong Khai and Ta Bo - I'll ask him when I get an opportunity.

Be aware that the price of ready-mix concrete up there has risen by nearly 20% very recently, but there are still some good deals to be had on steel, and formwork (one of the major expenses that people often forget to take into account).
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thaifly » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:07 pm

jazzman wrote: Also, some of the events on other parts of this board over the last few months have caused me to lose much of my enthusiasm for it - to the entire satisfaction of my detractors.

lets be fair jassy.. the above..quote by you ...is not inthe best interests of C.T.H. .which is a forum where members have different views on topics..and in a lot of cases differ...but in general most posts..lead to a valuable information given..on both sides of the fence...and then its entirely up to the member or guest which way he feels is the best soloution for their question........ .as for the above mentioned ...that you have lost enthusiasm because of events. .. and having detractors on C.T.H.... my answer to this.. is as follows.. we have a very strong and fair moderator in dozer....put your complaints to him..and not hang out your dirty laundry or feelings on the board. and besides most members have nt miss you at all .ITS A GLOVES OFF.. GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby thaifly » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:45 am

jazzman wrote:
350 baht seems reasonable for a 6-wheel load of fill dirt, .
take another bow peep jassy. :) ..325 baht is clearly the price quoted in chedds post..another :?: :?: :?: its a go go ..MASTER O REILLY...THE FLYS SELECTION IN THE MELBOURNE CUP..GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thaifly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby chedd44 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 am

350 baht seems reasonable for a 6-wheel load of fill dirt, .[/quote] take another bow peep jassy. :) ..325 baht is clearly the price quoted in chedds post..another :?: :?: :?: its a go go ..MASTER O REILLY...THE FLYS SELECTION IN THE MELBOURNE CUP..GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thaifly from mae rim[/quote]

Chaps , thanks for info , all usefull as ever , got to work out how to upload some pics now ....
chedd44

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 am

Not to steal the thread but just how did MASTER O REILLY do in the Melbourne cup or more importantly was enough made to stamp that drive-way.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby chedd44 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:39 pm

And yes I do have an MGV12 >> MG thought that installing a V8 was stretching the envelope too far but my V12 has been on the road and trouble free since 1988; I had an MG restoration company in the UK for 10 years. Trouble is finding a way to bring it to LOS without being fleeced by the customs.

When you get back in Feb post any more questions you may have, members are usually good at responding quickly.[/quote]

Ahh the old MG , I had a couple of roadsters , both 66 models , I loved them ...but they were not V12's , nevertheless they went well for there age ...

Guess the good news about filling the land now is that I have about a year to plan the house etc .

thanks to all
chedd44

Next

Return to Your Building Story