My $25,000 Home in Thailand

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: My $25,000 Home in Thailand

Postby geordie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi ALTMAN its a great looking house followed your other posting be nice to see it on here
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby altman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:18 pm

i seem to have a great deal of trouble getting my posts up. i wait for a very long time to see a preview and then get timed out. i have done this several times now and have decided that i can't keep doing it. it burns up my connection time and makes my day a little less happy.

so here is the complete story of my thai house with images and more.

my web site, http://www.euthanasiaclinic.org/Thai%20Life/index.htm

i won't try to preview this. it will either take or not.
For the complete story of my life in a small Thai village and the construction of my home here see EuthanasiaClinic.org and click on the Life in a Thai Village link
altman

Postby rubik101 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:54 am

Altman, a great site. I see you invited Yoda to the party.
I call those tiles, quadraplegic tiles, because someday, someone will fall and break their back on them, they are lethal.
I have covered all mine with a tile I found in Kayoung which is non slip when wet. It has no pattern and no glaze, just plain coloured and they look great.
The string is to hold the house together, you numpty!
Measure twice, cut once. Buy cheap, buy twice.
rubik101

Postby Inuit1963 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 pm

altman wrote:i seem to have a great deal of trouble getting my posts up. i wait for a very long time to see a preview and then get timed out. i have done this several times now and have decided that i can't keep doing it. it burns up my connection time and makes my day a little less happy.

so here is the complete story of my thai house with images and more.

my web site, http://www.euthanasiaclinic.org/Thai%20Life/index.htm

i won't try to preview this. it will either take or not.

That is a great house with a wonderfull wiev congratolations with that.
I hope my projekt will have the same result.
<URL removed Dozer 7/30, no advertising> HOUSE 30 witch is a Free Thai Government House Plans

Brgds
Tim
Inuit1963

Postby Nawty » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

Nice to see a variation of the simple design and actually make it look interesting and nice...well done, wish others would take the time to design a little into their boring and somewhat ugly builds.

Cheers
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby mikecwm » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:06 pm

altman wrote:when i originally tried to post this building story it didn't appear to happen so i gave up. i just got a pm about it and realized that it was up there.

i will now, next day or two, post some more of the story and many images. stay tuned and sorry for the delay.

we continue to work on it. it is now 1/2 painted courtesy of a visitor from australia. we are waiting for him to come back next year so he can paint the other half. we work on thai time here in the village.

anyway more to come asap

Is your story and photos still available on-line? Seems the EuthanasiaClinic.org domain no longer works.
I'd love to see what you accomplished for $25000.
mikecwm

Postby niranut » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 pm

another bump to see if the photos and/or site are still available somewhere, as the euthanasia site is no longer working...
niranut

Previous

Return to Your Building Story