Update to Cruzing's photo album

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Update to Cruzing's photo album

Postby cruzing » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I've added some recent photos from two projects we just finished. http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/thumbnails.php?album=84

I must add that the kitchen wouldn't have come out nearly this good if Mr. C didn't know how to build cabinets himself
He had to tell them how to fix a couple of major snafus that they had already been warned about when building the cabinets.
Besides that keeping on top of them the whole time to make things look as good as possible. We are happy
with the outcome for Thailand.

I will say though, that the installers really had to work and tweak to correct their errors besides working around the imperfections
of a poured concrete counter top.........and they were VERY willing to oblige
Overall, besides the stress of a month of installation, they turned out pretty good. (that includes days they took off for a funeral & days
they had to take doors and one section of cabinet back to the shop to rebuild....someone measured wrong and my frig wouldn't fit under it.)

On our wall, besides the bigger blocks, we superbond http://www.maydayproperty.com/material.php with the color already in it. Mr. C did mix it 50/50 with regular white portland
cement as it is rather expensive.

Cruzing
cruzing

Re: Update to Cruzing's photo album

Postby thaifly » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am

gidday to the the very knowlegble cruzing...its the thai fly from mae rim....well what can one say ..your kitchen...is a absoulately a knock out...a real BO DEREK....if i have ever seen one...hell that is one heck of a job...i am sure you and mr cruzing are delighted with the finish..now with the kitchen and perimeter walls etc etc completed..and the perimeter walls by the way are another BO DEREK...YOU HAVE A MAGIC HOUSE...and i am sure both of yous will enjoy the fruits of your labour... GETS MY VOTE AS THE NICEST HOUSE ON C.T.H ALBUM....ITS A CRUZING GIDDAY TO ALL ITS THE THAIFLY FROM MAE RIM
thaifly

Postby Rick B » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 pm

The new kitchen and cabinets look great! A job well done. And very effective use of your space, with the sliding shelves and cabinets. I especially like the glass doors on the cabinets over the counter to let more light into the kitchen. The outside wall looks beautiful also. I think all of your hard work and perseverance has paid off well. Here's to many continued years of enjoyment in your home.
Rick B

Postby cruzing » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks Thaifly & Rick. It's been a long time coming.......

The new project....Mr. C is installing work benches in the garage over storage cabinets he's building.

Cruzing
cruzing

Postby chiangmaiexpat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:36 am

Impressive work, cruzing! The kitchen is simultaneously functional and beautiful, which isn't always easy to achieve. Enough plugs for a whole toaster farm... and a massive fridge... we get a similar 20 cubic feet monster delivered today.

Is that your driveway running along the wall? Marvellous. Don't show it to my wife. She'll want one like this, too.

Cheers, CMX
chiangmaiexpat

Postby cruzing » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:58 am

chiangmaiexpat wrote:Impressive work, cruzing! The kitchen is simultaneously functional and beautiful, which isn't always easy to achieve. Enough plugs for a whole toaster farm... and a massive fridge... we get a similar 20 cubic feet monster delivered today.

Is that your driveway running along the wall? Marvellous. Don't show it to my wife. She'll want one like this, too.

Cheers, CMX

Yes, that's a good part of the driveway. Here's a view from the other way, taken from about a third of the way inside the gate towards the driveway to the
garage. Still working on the landscaping.

Cruzing
Attachments
from about halfway up the drive towards house.jpg
cruzing

Postby chedd44 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:58 pm

cruzing wrote:Thanks Thaifly & Rick. It's been a long time coming.......

The new project....Mr. C is installing work benches in the garage over storage cabinets he's building.

Cruzing

Hi , wherte can I find your gallery ?

Chedd
chedd44

Postby cruzing » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:20 pm

I took my gallery off viewing several months ago. If you want to view them PM me and I'll give you
a password.

Cruzing
cruzing

Postby thaifly » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:11 pm

its gidday to chedd its the thai fly from mae rim.. whens your pic gallery coming up :?: :?:......its a fortunate chelsea GIDDAY to all ....its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby chedd44 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

thaifly wrote:its gidday to chedd its the thai fly from mae rim.. whens your pic gallery coming up :?: :?:......its a fortunate chelsea GIDDAY to all ....its the thai fly from mae rim

When I work out how to upload !!! still cant find an upload button that works , I press upload but page comes up as no gallery ..... help !!
chedd44

Return to Your Building Story