building in nong bua (nakhon phanom)

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: building in nong bua (nakhon phanom)

Postby sjeng » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:37 pm

So friday the pan peun arrived at the site. we got a one week delay by our pan peun supporter. next time i choose another one for sure. saturday the crew had to show up and put the concreet for the floor in, all hand made and done by the bucket.
respect for these people anyway. they deserved theit box of beer when they were finished. sunday the get a day off to load their battery for next week, they start with the roofbeams on monday.
Attachments
DSC01505.JPG
buckets, buckets, buckets
DSC01502.JPG
a lot of knots
DSC01501.JPG
DSC01500.JPG
putting the rebar together
sjeng

Postby pklongball » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:23 am

This is interesting to see that your progress and the progress on my place at this point is about the same. We also will begin the roof structure this week and the walls to follow.

Yes the bucket brigade method for pouring a large area is definitely hard work.
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby sjeng » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 pm

so, the roofbeams have been filled today, next days have to water up temp now 35 degree. so thave to cool down the concreet.
so we are discussing the next step. does someone have experience with seelings from pan peun and what is +++ and what is ----? it would make the roof burglarproof and waterproof.
please send your comment. i would be pleased.
Attachments
DSC01516.JPG
DSC01515.JPG
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 pm

so,another week of our project is gone.
they reached the top and put in the roof support beam, so now we got an idea off the full size of the home.

they also took out most of the wood supporting the ceiling and roofbeams, only the livingroom they let them in place because the span of the roofbeams is about 8 m. so they wait for another week to take them out.
Monday they start with the steel for the roof.
Attachments
DSC01523.JPG
ceiling in and support wood out
DSC01524.JPG
Junior waiting for his bedroom to be finished
DSC01519.JPG
top roofbeam
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 pm

so another 2 weeks ahead, and things are going smooth, the roof starts to look like a roof and most of the outside wals are in. yust now we get a real vision on how it is going to look when ready, and yes there are some minor subjects to be discussed with the builder, but he is a very flexibel guy,
roof overhang 150 cm is to much, it takes all the sight and light from the back porch so we already decided to go for 130 cm.
then we had too replace some doors and windows but this was no problem at all so we get what we want a bali style home.
Attachments
DSC01673.JPG
hightech, homelifting at the neighbours house, i think it would be cheaper to take it all down and buikd newm what a mess.
DSC01672.JPG
roofwork
DSC01668.JPG
front vieuw
DSC01666.JPG
vieuw from the fishpont to the kitchen area
sjeng

Postby paulm » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 am

I am interested in seeing where you are with your build so far. I too have built in Isaan (nonmuang Nonbua) at a cost of under 1 million baht. Link below to house.
<link removed please remember the no advertising policy of the site..... Dozer 4/18/09> Sorry I forgot the introduction: Hi I am Paul and you can email me at <don't add emails here either... Dozer 4/18/09> if you would like to chat.

Paul
paulm

Postby sjeng » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Paulm,
at this time he rendering outside is finished and they started to render inside with the kitchen and 1 bedroom finished.
the roof is waiting for the tiles ther is some delay. lucky we have put a pan peun ceiling in, so the work inside can continue even when the rain start.
i wil take some pics and put in asap
sjeng

Postby paulm » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 pm

loks like it is going to bea beautifull home, how iare the rains effecting the work though. I just had a call from my girlfriend who said it is raining a lot now
paulm

Postby sjeng » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:33 pm

so songkhan water festival is finished, i hope nobody of the workers got hurt or died. what a mess, no wonder 252 people died in trafic accident.
the building is going on now but only 6 people showed up and began this morning the rest is MISSING!
so far so good, we are still waiting for the roof tiles, so they started rendering inside, kitchen and one bedroom finished today. the rendering and the roof will take the rest of this month i think, so we have time for shopping and make a detailed plan for the kitchen and the bathrooms, tiling,cooker, hotwater suply aso.
DSC01676.JPG
backside of the home
Attachments
DSC01695.JPG
rendering the bedroom
DSC01692.JPG
livingroom looking to the back of the house and kitchen
DSC01690.JPG
front slidingdoor
DSC01689.JPG
front stairs
DSC01675.JPG
outside rendering
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm

so, another week finished,
rendering inside is completed except for the master bathroom, ceiling crew started to put some steel railing in and the tubes and boxes for the power are in place.
even the rooftiles arrived but we got about 200 broken one, but the shop will replace them asap.
DSC01703.JPG
roofers at work, dont know why they start on the left side. In europe we start always on the right side and work in a triangel shape to the top and to the left.
se they started to put them in place.
anny sugestions for the corner tiles shold we use cement ore not?
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm

so, after a 2 week holiday i came back on the buildingsite.
great progressthe roof is nearly completed, rendering is finished. hot and cold water is in. bathrooms are tiled.
electric wiring is nearly completd and the ceiling (gipsom) is in.
so what is left is tiling the kitchen and floortiles all around the homene and painting.
Attachments
DSC01716.JPG
shera planck under the roof
DSC01714.JPG
kitchen
DSC01711.JPG
bath room
DSC01710.JPG
roof and front view
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Wed May 20, 2009 8:17 pm

oeps,
i frgot the doors and windows and the airco, and lightning. so in another few weeks !!!!! might be ready?
sjeng

Postby pklongball » Thu May 21, 2009 6:42 am

Its looking good sjeng.

Don't get too anxious to move in and push for a finish. You're pics show me about a month or so to finish.

Our place is also coming along and we have about 2 months yet.
pklongball

Postby sjeng » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:54 pm

So, now we are looking forward to the end of the month, i think we can move in in about 2 weeks.
outside painting is done, windows and doors are painted an wil be installed next week. after that the 2 paint wil go on.
bathroom and kitchen are to be completed, today started to put in the toilet and the only other wet stuff we need. electric is compleet finished and connected to the meter.
DSC01734.JPG

Tiling inside is ready. and tilingman started with his last job, the backstairs.
The airco's are ordered and wil be installed after 6 days from now, we go for mitsubishi a bit expensive more but high quality
DSC01733.JPG

So we have to go look for some new furnitur to put in our giant livingroom.
with 2 kids not so easy because its difficult to keep them clean, do we are looking for something in wood with seperate pillows.
DSC01732.JPG
a bit of art have to be

The perimeterwall and carpark have to wait for next seeason after the rain finished.
DSC01727.JPG

so when finished we send some more pics.
Attachments
DSC01730.JPG
part of livingroom ceiling we got 2 of these
sjeng

Postby pklongball » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:02 am

sjeng ,

you're place is coming along very nicely. I really like the look of the roof. And the outside paint scheme. My wife glanced at the photos and said it looked just like our house how can that be?

The living room ceiling fan is a style I am looking for. How many inches wide are the blades? What brand is it?

Also, the downlights look like a style I have not seen before. What brand and model number?

Good luck on the remaining finish work and soon you will be living there
pklongball

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story