building in nong bua (nakhon phanom)

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: building in nong bua (nakhon phanom)

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 pm

sjeng Looking good any chance of getting the pictures up to the size you were posting before?
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby sjeng » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm

So another week ahead, some rainy days but still going (to) quick, i like to see people work so why do they rush, i have a lot of time.
the inside walls are rendered, the perimeterwall is about 50 % finished (blocks in)
colums for the observation post (OP A ) Anex Watertower are coming up.
only one remart on the construction team THEY ARE KILLING MY GARDEN AND IMPORTED DUTCH GRAS!!!!

some pics for them who like.
back entrance.JPG
the backstage entrance
back wall and guesthouse.JPG
guesthouse taken from the other side
outside wall.JPG
the 50 m long eastern wall
my gras.JPG
when they clean up i have to do something about the frontgarden again
front gate.JPG
what have too become the front gate
still with a smile.JPG
thai ladies always smile even when the pull like a buffalo
temp water suply.JPG
we use the tank for a year now very satisfieing, no alge and easy to clean, worth its money for sure i can recomment to you.

SO THAT ALL FOLKS, UNTIL NEXT WEEK.
sjeng

Postby fredlk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 pm

sjeng wrote:some pics for them who like

I think that we all like photos. No matter how much you would tell us, to see photos shows us exactly what you are doing.
It is looking very good. A question: why bring Dutch grass to Thailand? And how, seed or mat?
fredlk

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:00 pm

I miss the wet slushy mud of Thailand, London streets are so clean!
6 more days until i can immerse myself in it again...

But on a serious note, looking good, the end is in sight... I like all the trees
around in the neighbors lands.
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby sjeng » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 pm

fredlk wrote:
sjeng wrote:some pics for them who like

I think that we all like photos. No matter how much you would tell us, to see photos shows us exactly what you are doing.
It is looking very good. A question: why bring Dutch grass to Thailand? And how, seed or mat?

just joking,
they did sent 10 kg seeds by mail, but is was not that good looking at all. to much dirt and the thai grass took over the place. to hot for the dutch grass or the water to salty, it died anyway.
we decided to put the thai grasmats inside after the construction is finished and the garden reshaped.
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm

another week past,
building is going quite well ahead, even after a 4 day break (illuminated boat party in Nakhon Phanom).
the perimeter wall is up all around 150 m total. we reduced the hight by 20 cm to 1.5 m for a better look i not want to stay in a monkeyhouse for the rest of my life. and if someone wants to go over they can also do when its 2 m high,
the colums for the carpark are poured in. colums for the watertower and the floor for the watertank is in place,
a look from the front corner.JPG
a look from the front corner

so acrualy only wait for rendering and finishing touch,
a look from the front corner.JPG
a look from the front corner

and not forget the roof for the carpark and watertower.
carpark 8 x 4 m open sides.
the watertower wil only on down have a wall on 4 sides, the perimeterwall side will be kept open for walk in.
i dont know why some pics are put in twice whe i previeuw but it be so they are worth looking at anyway so enjoy.
Attachments
colums for the carpark.JPG
colums for the carpark
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:17 pm

How long it take to render a 150 m long wall 1,60 m heigh?
I think about 3 weeks (5 people on the job) and then painting can start we decided to take a littlebit dark more colour than the house, because the yellow turned into something almost white.
the building is in progress starting with the roof steel on the carpark.
so not so exciting nextweeksome pics again.
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

It took some time, but as I told before the rendering of the wall took about 4 weeks and not finished jet.
now the work is almost done, primer is on the wall and home, tiles in the bathroom are done, tomorrow they start tiling the floor in the home.
carport: putting in the seiling.
perimeterwall: rendering 75 % finished.
015.JPG
vieuw from the front gate with carport.

the roof on the watertower is on but need some finishing with shera wood then only rendering the pillars and walls on down ,
015.JPG
vieuw from the front gate with carport.
018.JPG
Misses checking something out
014.JPG
Mr ed cutting yhe corners himself

whats remaining is some 50 m2 concrete for the carpark and entrance and some garden walking paths and 2 4x4 m platform for a sala and pool.
wearestil working within our budget so far so good and might finish all before cristmas.

As you might already notised the roof color is not the same but the sun will do its work.

see you next time
Attachments
019.JPG
sjeng

Postby pattayapope » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Sjeng

place looking good, one question though, your guest bungalow is overhanging the wall. Not sure if a problem were you have your property but it is not normally allowed if it is outside your property line.
pattayapope

Postby sjeng » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 pm

I think there is no problem, we own about 27 rai fenced with 4 wires on concreet posts. and the home is in themiddle of the property so left, right and on the back it is all ours no neighbours in sight, around the home we have the wall marking the garden about 1500 m2 that mean a lot of gardening already. the rest is rice field, jungle, fishponds, and 40 mango trees
:lol:
sjeng

Postby sjeng » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm

So, the building is finished, even 2 weeks before Christmas.
It was a nice done job after all. some do's and dont's but no real problem with the crew.
only the tiling could have been done a bit more better but for Thai standards it looks good, some edges and corners are done a bit clumsy.
electric and bathroom fittings i did put in myself so there was no problem, what the farang do now and no problem, no problem was heared many times.
006.JPG
shower 4500w
mirror and some other stuff not jet in place.
007.JPG
toilet

the carport is ready the concrete 15 cm is in and the gate is in place
012.JPG
front gate and carport

water tower got its final touch
010.JPG
water tower finished

some more pics
008.JPG
back garden gate and walkway
009.JPG
gate
011.JPG
additional guttering around the house

so next and last goal is the garden it will take some time to make it look good but time is not the problem for a retired farang.
i hope you enjoyed the works and se you next time
sjeng

Postby pattayapope » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Sjeng

Place looks nice and now with the wall finished you will feel a little more secure, as you say the garden is the last task but should soon start to take shape once your clear away all the builders rubble ect. Glad to see you are happy with the end result and hope you enjoy your retirement. Thanks for showing us your build from start to finish, and maybe post some pictures when you get the garden in shape.
pattayapope

Previous

Return to Your Building Story