A pool for the fly...

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: A pool for the fly...

Postby jazzman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Very nice house, beautiful pool, stunning lighting :D
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thaifly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:37 pm

jazzman wrote:Very nice house, beautiful pool, stunning lighting :D
.....DITTO..DITTO...DITTO.. the only thing missing.. IS A PIC OF YOUR MELON ?????...its another pay a COMPLIMENT gidday to all its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby Nawty » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:17 pm

you wanna <edit by dozer, inappropriate language > ??

I wondered about that shirt and all....I wonder no more.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby Nawty » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:10 am

ATTN: DOZER...or any other competent in charge person....

Somebody just pointed out to me this thread... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=912 I had forgotten I even posted it, otherwise I would have continued the pics in this thread. My son looks so different here.

If someone wants to move this one to there and combine the 2, you have my permission to do so and if you would like that permission in triplicate and signed by my competent lawyer....just ask. otherwise if ThaiFlies says its ok then that will do also.

ps....did not know that the more popular name for 'mammaries' was bad language....must have been the way I was dragged up.
Nawty

Postby dozer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:24 pm

The posts are fine as separate posts that just refer to each other, especially since there is a bit of time between them. In any event, I added a link on the original post to point to this post.....
dozer
Site Admin

Postby udon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 am

"ps....did not know that the more popular name for 'mammaries' was bad language....must have been the way I was dragged up."

Me too, along with 20 million others. :mrgreen:
udon

Postby chiangmaiexpat » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Very nice house, nawty! Classical modern. Interesting ligthing, too... Did you do the architecture and interior?

Cheers, CMX
chiangmaiexpat

Postby Nawty » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Basically yes, I did not do the architectural drawings, wish I could have as I don't think I would have made half the mistakes the cockhead canadian....ooops I can see an "edited for bad language" coming on....did. But my ideas put on paper in my crude sketches and floorplan drawings, then drawn up by him and I did the lighting, automated system supplied by friend in the Biz.

I got 5 new houses designed and waiting to build.....one day...one day....soon.
Nawty

Postby thaifly » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Nawty wrote:
I got 5 new houses designed and waiting to build.....one day...one day....soon.
..... 5 houses.. on the way that must be great news for the ...archictects.. consultants...building contractors..sub contractors..e.t.c. and the thai economy as well... and i would wager a very hansome sum of money...that the lawyers will be licking their chops in anticapation of a speedy start to your plans.....the very best of luck....its a NICE GIDDAY TO ALL.. its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby Nawty » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 am

Yes, the lawyer is very happy, company formation, contracts etc to do.....its all income.

Lucky I have a competent lawyer now that does not charge the earth and speaks excellent english, can do very good and readable translations and did I mention competent. Should save me a fortune this time.

Architect fees minimal as I have designs already.

As for all the other contractors, workers etc...yes it is good to keep the wheels of progress turning and create income for others.

Might be able to buy you a nice new shirt after this lot....
Nawty

Postby jazzman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:45 am

Nawty wrote:Architect fees minimal as I have designs already.
See this new thread on Architects and shop drawings (blueprints).
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thaifly » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 am

Nawty wrote:
Might be able to buy you a nice new shirt after this lot....
gidday nawty..how very thoughtful of you to buy me a nice new ????? i hope u understand that it is made of the FINEST THAI SILK...AND TAILOR MADE....to fit in the HEINKENS....but i am sure that you will now put it in your budget of your 5 houses...once again i do appreciate your kind genoristy.........is that the REAL NAWTY gidday to all its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby chiangmaiexpat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Good work! Would you mind posting the floor plans? The individual spaces look very "roomy" on the photos. I think I would prefer modern style for a city apartment, but for now we have settled with what they call "resort style" in Thailand.

What in the world are you going to do with five houses?

Cheers, CMX
chiangmaiexpat

Postby Nawty » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Will have to scan them again to put up.

But yes, the design was to make it as big and roomy as possible on a small city block.

The white interior and minimalist style makes it look bigger, but moreso making all the windows and doors big and plentiful opened up the inside and outside...so again it all looks bigger than actually is.

But having said that, the main living area for example is 32sqm and immediately behind that with no seperation is the dining area of 25sqm. The master bedroom is around 65sqm alone, but combined with a study area that again is not seperated by a solid wall, just a desk and drawe set.

As for the 5....sell the buggers...hopefully.....actually sell 4, the 5th is mine in Khao Yai if I ever get round to it.
Nawty

Previous

Return to Your Building Story