Chiang Kham build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 pm

hello,

I was on a road trip with friends to chiang mai. Delighted to tell CMX and the Thaifly that they are living in a nice part of the world because was also up to see the elephants around Mae Rim.

Would like to echo CMX on the carport on design 11. As i said to you previously tung the best thing to do is list what you need and make sure they are incorporated in the design. Everybody misses something on a build. Always look at the plan and imagine yourself in the house. I was lucky I visited a completed house last week.

On site today and over the couple of days I was not on site they have completed all the ring beams to support the pan peun. Also they completed all the columns 17 no. concreted. today on site they poured all the insitu concrete slabs to be poured these are located in the bathrooms. these were only small in area. we also had a heavy down pour at the end of the day.

I was looking at the ring beams for the pan peun and am pretty sure i've spotted a mistake. there are 4 beams connecting four columns in the kitchen area. the kitchen is to be 50mm lower. 2 beams are lower but are not opposite each other therefore when pan peun is laid it will be on a slope. every one is of site at present. I hope i'm wrong.

good luck to all
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby jazzman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Yes, everyone misses something. Fortunately with the build of the Jazzman house, nothing went wrong, but in hindsight, if I had known just how cheap it really was to build it I would have somehow designed for an en suite bathroom for the second bedroom, a side door into the kitchen as well as the large double door next to it (because everyone comes through my office from the carport area into the house), and I would have built the carport at the same time. The walk-in wardrobe turned out not to be quite so walk-in after all. But apart from all that, we're 99.9% satisfied. What most Thai architects forget is the utility room.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Thailand

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby tung » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 pm

kornoipaddy wrote:hello,

Would like to echo CMX on the carport on design 11. As i said to you previously tung the best thing to do is list what you need and make sure they are incorporated in the design. Everybody misses something on a build. Always look at the plan and imagine yourself in the house. I was lucky I visited a completed house last week.
good luck to all


Yes thanks for that. I did notice that as there is a picture somewhere with a car parked and about 1/3 of it sticking out. Plan is to use that area as part of the house and make a standalone car port. But yes I think that until I am 90 - 92.5% certain :D of how the layout is going to be I won't start. I've got 1 shot at this as I can't see myself getting the money again. My initial feeling was get started now as costs are rising daily. But now I'm gonna slow down and get the plan as close as I can to right. The house will be my 18 month year old daughters inheritance so it's important.

Thanks All
tung
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby tung » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:18 pm

tung wrote:
kornoipaddy wrote:hello,

Would like to echo CMX on the carport on design 11. As i said to you previously tung the best thing to do is list what you need and make sure they are incorporated in the design. Everybody misses something on a build. Always look at the plan and imagine yourself in the house. I was lucky I visited a completed house last week.
good luck to all


Yes thanks for that and chiangmaiexpat's observations, really helpful. I did notice that as there is a picture somewhere with a car parked and about 1/3 of it sticking out. Plan is to use that area as part of the house and make a standalone car port. But yes I think that until I am 90 - 92.5% certain :D of how the layout is going to be I won't start. I've got 1 shot at this as I can't see myself getting the money again. My initial feeling was get started now as costs are rising daily. But now I'm gonna slow down and get the plan as close as I can to right. The house will be my 18 month year old daughters inheritance so it's important.

Thanks All
tung
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:50 pm

hi,

would just like to inform everyone that i have posted a picture of what my finished house will look like. as i said i am persistent.

good luck
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby jazzman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 am

Last edited by jazzman on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman
 
Posts: 2161
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Thailand

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby pklongball » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

kornoipaddy wrote:hi,

would just like to inform everyone that i have posted a picture of what my finished house will look like. as i said i am persistent.

good luck



kornoipaddy, the house front view looks good and my wife saw it and said where is that house?

You got this house picture and plan from a web site? Can you please tell me where to find pics and floorplan as I want to see more of this place. Wifey really likes the look.

Thanks
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
User avatar
pklongball
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Ban Chang-Phala Beach

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:00 pm

hello,

hi PK hopr you and all are well. this house is situated around 6 km north of thoeng on the the road to chiang mai but you have to turn off. I can get you the name of the village. The outside is good but I am more impressed with inside. Also the finish is good. i will try to get plans to you. I took photos today i will try to post these also.

There were 6 men on site today. most were stripping away the formwork for the ring beams. while the boss and joiners were putting up timber support structures for the precast floor units. I maybe heading on a road trip soon. i hope can keep in touch with all and whats happening here.

good luck
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby thaifly » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:40 pm

GIDDAY PADDY its the thaifly from mae rim .... YOU ARE A MUG... why did nt you call into see me??? our house is open to any C .T. H. MEMBER... at any time... NO WORRIES... have been following your story ...your price of 7000 ODD BAHT SQ METER ... seems a steal in todays climate...?????? and your little niche of the world is about the oonly area i have not seen in the far north east... i absoulately love the far north and went close a t times in buying some land...but MAE RIM always had a spell over me.. nNEXT TIME COBBER LOOK ME UP ....ITS A MUG OF A GIDDAY...its the thaifly from mae rim
thaifly
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: mae rim...chiang mai

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby pklongball » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:28 pm

kornoipaddy wrote:hello,

hi PK hopr you and all are well. this house is situated around 6 km north of thoeng on the the road to chiang mai but you have to turn off. I can get you the name of the village. The outside is good but I am more impressed with inside. Also the finish is good. i will try to get plans to you. I took photos today i will try to post these also.

There were 6 men on site today. most were stripping away the formwork for the ring beams. while the boss and joiners were putting up timber support structures for the precast floor units. I maybe heading on a road trip soon. i hope can keep in touch with all and whats happening here.

good luck



Hey thanks for the response. I live in the Rayong area so I would surely nnot be able to see the place in person. The pics of the place will be nice to see and the floorplan if you can get one.

Your place sounds good

Take care
:D
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
User avatar
pklongball
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Ban Chang-Phala Beach

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Hello,

Yes I was in Mae Rim saying sawatdee to the elephants. I hope you are suitably impressed with nawtys pool. 7000/m2 is cheap but have seen an identical house and am very excited. Got a quote for the carport at 30000 big ones. this would be for 2 cars.

PK I have some very good news for you. Just so happens i should be in pattaya at the weekend and a friend also has a restaurant near Rayong. i will get a copy and leave them there. As I said before my camera was on the blink when i was at the identical house but will try to get all the pictures i have to you.

Today on the house we had ALL THE PRECAST UNITS laid for the floor. So as of now there is steel mesh on these units and the men are putting up timber shutters around for the concrete floor to be poured. They will complete this tomorow also i think they will pour this floor tommorow.

Friday the roof steel will come to site. The foreman reckons this is not going to be a long process around 7 days but we have started to get a bit more rain than usual. We also quibbled about the master en suite (unresolved).
09-07-08 004.jpg
This is looking across the front of the house
09-07-08 005.jpg
This is looking across the middle of the house. I'm standing in one bedroom, the men in the other and the big corridor between
Attachments
09-07-08 006.jpg
same position. timber lying on two bathrooms. behind 3rd bedroom and small kitchen
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby pklongball » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:33 am

kornoipaddy wrote:Hello,

Yes I was in Mae Rim saying sawatdee to the elephants. I hope you are suitably impressed with nawtys pool. 7000/m2 is cheap but have seen an identical house and am very excited. Got a quote for the carport at 30000 big ones. this would be for 2 cars.

PK I have some very good news for you. Just so happens i should be in pattaya at the weekend and a friend also has a restaurant near Rayong. i will get a copy and leave them there. As I said before my camera was on the blink when i was at the identical house but will try to get all the pictures i have to you.

Today on the house we had ALL THE PRECAST UNITS laid for the floor. So as of now there is steel mesh on these units and the men are putting up timber shutters around for the concrete floor to be poured. They will complete this tomorow also i think they will pour this floor tommorow.

Friday the roof steel will come to site. The foreman reckons this is not going to be a long process around 7 days but we have started to get a bit more rain than usual. We also quibbled about the master en suite (unresolved).
09-07-08 004.jpg
09-07-08 005.jpg



kornoipaddy,

Thanks and I look forward to the pictures.

As to your house build? Can you or someone explain the floor pour in more detail?

I can clearly see the ring beams between columns and the cast slabs being laid over between beams. I can also see what appears to be wood poles that are positioned in the area between the beams-----------is this some type of temporary support for the slabs during the floor install? Will the poles be removed later? I believe once the slabs are placed then a layer of rebar mesh is positioned on the floor and then the concrete floor is poured? :?: :) Will this area between beams be accessable from below after the floor pour to remove the wood poles and install or service any pipes or electrics?
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
User avatar
pklongball
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Ban Chang-Phala Beach

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Hello,

Today is a good day. All the steel mesh has been laid down and all precast units are in. So wagons of concrete of 2m3 are rolling in. I watched the first load go in. You will see these in the pictures. I think around 8.5 m3 is going in for the floor slab. Had a bit of trouble trying to get the wagon turned because their has been a good bit of rain overnight.

PK yes i was surprised to see the bamboo supports for the precast going in. usual pracice is to just drop in the units. This is good because it allows the units to settle in place. Also support for the concrete placed today. I don't think this support structure will be taken down. Yes there is an access hatch but only one section of three under the house. As for services i don't think they will be positioned under in this area especially for electrics highly dangerous. As well as for water or drains (am I wrong about this??????). I think these should all be in accessible areas outside or inside.

With this posting i will try and show the floor plan to you. I will try to post many pics so you have your bearings.

I am away on a road trip (10 days). So i will post again as soon as i can.

PK I will find out the name of the restaurant and leave a copy of the drawings.

Have a good one all.
Attachments
10-07-08 019.jpg
This is the layout of the house.
10-07-08 017.jpg
2m3 of floor slab poured
10-07-08 013.jpg
A certainty on any job
10-07-08 008.jpg
precast units in place as is the mesh
10-07-08 007.jpg
precast units in place as is the mesh
10-07-08 006.jpg
precast units in place as is the mesh
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello all,

I have been away to some beautiful parts of the country. Arrived back this morning. Thing are going well. The big but is the rain. it has been dumping it down here and i experienced it first hand was dropping friends at Pha Yao and on the way back it dumped down.

Things are progressing on the roof. all the concrete work is finished apart from bits and bobs. walls are also going up. I have to take a road trip to chiang rai to decide on finishes.

I hope all are well.
Attachments
DSCF0546.JPG
this was the state of play at 4 pm
DSCF0540.JPG
shoring up using the window frames
DSCF0544.JPG
would like to share the view
DSCF0545.JPG
and more
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby kornoipaddy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Hello,

Today was another day where door frames and window frames have gone in. the welders were plying their trade on the roof structure. walls were also being constructed.

I had a good close look at the steel they are using for the roof. I don't know what grade it is but it has been painted to give it added durability. The men on the roof were working on when we left i think they are behind with all the rain that has been dumped here.

Also today the concrete surronding the door frames were poured as well. the door and window frames are anchored on rebar. this will be good for security.

thanks for viewing
kornoipaddy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest