Chiang Kham build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Chiang Kham build

Postby chiangmaiexpat » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Great! I am really amazed at the speed with which this project was completed. Well, almost completed. Good job! The second pix link produces an error message, btw.

Cheers, CMX
chiangmaiexpat

Postby kornoipaddy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi CMX,

I think the reason why it has taken a short time is because the house is done on one floor. I think your project is equally if not quicker. we are hopeful that the move in date could be at some stage next month.

I will post pictures on the gallery section and hopefully will give the correct link. The ceramics are progressing all throughout the house. Some photos will show the ceramics going down on the kitchen and the small bedroom. The bathrroms are taking shape. The three bathrooms will be wet rooms so these are straight forward builds. Just fixtures and fittings. We are putting in counters and will finish with granite tops. The electrician is also on site and will be fitting the electric showers. The front of the house still looks a bit of a mess but they are working hard getting the decorative features onto the collumns and terraced areas ready for tiling. Also work is progressing on the carport. The roof steelwork is being ercted. I have located it to the right of the house and also behind it. I am not a fan of carports but nessecary.

I hope there will be no hitches between now and the finish. I certainly hope every body else are satisfied with their projects. Here is the link for the photos http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/th ... p?album=57 .

Good luck all.

Paddy
kornoipaddy

Postby jazzman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 am

Nice pics Paddy.,
BTW: Referring back to this slightly older post.
kornoipaddy wrote:by the way, we've been quoted a price for the concrete road at 300baht per m2. i hope this goes down (diesel has gone down.......)

The concrete itself will cost about 180 per m2. Most of the rest is labour: The concrete can be spread and levelled by two people at a rate of 11.3 m3 per hour, and preparation (grading, levelling hard-core) about the same. Add to this the cost of the hard-core (gravel bed), and reincorcing wire.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby thaifly » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:05 pm

thaifly wrote: ...your price of 7000 ODD BAHT SQ METER ... seems a steal in todays climate...??????

gidday to the GALAWAY PADDY... its the thaifly from mae rim...well matey you sure are coming along fine on your house...the pics are real neat... may i asked hows the 7000 baht a sq metrre price holding up???......and i am a chance of coming up your way in the new year ... and will make sure that i will drop in for a HEINKEN.. or two....and of course to see the house ... C.T.H. MEMBERS I HAD A GOOD CHINWAG with the GALAPADDY PADDY... when we just missed our tracks a couple months ago AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY ..he is a extremely nice bloke..just typically of the irish..they have a great sense of humour...its A GALAWAY of a gidday to all its the thaifly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby jazzman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Probably of all the English speakers, the Paddies and the Ozzies have the best sense of humour :mrgreen: (where does that leave us Poms?)
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby kornoipaddy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:00 am

Hello all,

Yes all CTH members should have a big get together. should be a good session (in the pub). I am hoping to get back to LOS as soon as i can. Christmas maybe a good time. My girlfriend is sending back the photos. She is hoping to move in next month. I should be getting more photos tomorrow of the carport it will be built without walls but there is always the option to put them up later.

The 7000 baht/m2 is turning out ok. there have been a few extras ie. water pump, the stone/gravel for the road, the carport is extra. I have been informed that some of the tiling is more expensive so i probably have to pay a little extra on that. ceiling fans will be extras. at the end of the job i will try and do a break down on what cost what. Again this will only show how cheap it is way up north not much help to those in phuket or pattaya.

My 2 big wishes are that the front room looks as good as it does in the photos and that it is as cool as the house which we visited (identical).

By the way jazz, Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have started up on the BBC again. VERY FUNNY.

Good Luck to all
kornoipaddy

Postby thaifly » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:07 pm

jazzman wrote:Probably of all the English speakers, the Paddies and the Ozzies have the best sense of humour :mrgreen: (where does that leave us Poms?)
hey the great jazzman...dont leave out the TO AND FROMS. WHAT ABOUT tony handcock..tommy cooper....steptoe and son ... fawlty towers ...rag trade.....some mothers do have them....are you being served... and my favourite BENNY HILL.... the POMS are up to the best in humour by the proverbial mile..ITS A COMEDY GIDDAY TO ALL ITS THE THAI FLY FROM MAE RIM ...AND ON the buses is another one...the list goes on and on
thaifly

Postby kornoipaddy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi,

Have got more pics from LOS. Again just click on the link for the pics. Not much left to do on the ceramic front. Some of the long shots of the house look really good.

The carport has been finished. now they are pouring more concrete to access the carport.

Good luck all.
kornoipaddy

Previous

Return to Your Building Story