Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

PVC windows

Postby teletiger » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:10 pm

A good thai website on PVC windows.
http://www.mitrapai.co.th/windsor/index.php
regards
teletiger

Postby teletiger » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:33 am

can anyone recommend an aluminium window company that I can go and look at. I've found a couple of one man bands that didn't impress me.
regards
teletiger

Re: PVC windows

Postby Kondee » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:44 pm

teletiger wrote:A good thai website on PVC windows.
http://www.mitrapai.co.th/windsor/index.php
regards

Looks expensive...did u already found a other one?
Kondee

PVC windows site

Postby cruzing » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:42 pm

I didn't see anything on the site about any screens coming with these windows. Some of the PVC windows made here are next to impossible to add screens onto. However, I saw the windows Attila put in his new house and they came with screens. Very nice. From what he told me you can get different qualities of glass too.

Cruzing
cruzing

Postby Kondee » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:40 am

PVC windows seems to be really expensive
http://www.mitrapai.co.th/windsor/price.php Anybody know about a webside or a shop who is more cheaper? :?: For one window is ok...but if you have to order 30 or more...whow really heavy :cry:
Kondee

Postby Attila » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:00 am

Kondee wrote:PVC windows seems to be really expensive
http://www.mitrapai.co.th/windsor/price.php Anybody know about a webside or a shop who is more cheaper? :?: For one window is ok...but if you have to order 30 or more...whow really heavy :cry:

Yes, they are more expensive than the typical local made windows. But be aware that expensive is no guarantee for good! Important is that the PVC is mixed correctly. Otherwise it could change the color after a while in the sun, etc...

We used the PVC from the European company THYSSEN. The PVC frames are made in Germany, shipped here, and then cut and welded together here.

There is an Austrian guy, Peter, having a company specialized in that in Pattaya. They come to your house, measure the holes, and build the windows (or sliding doors) then accordingly. Nice farang, nice Thai foreman and workers. I might post some pics here later.

:!: These windows come with screens which are very easy to use, take off, clean under the shower, if needed, and put back.

You can have any kind of glass with them, clear, brown, blue, and even burglar resisting glass, which is like a car wind shield, not easy to open.

We wanted originally to go for aluminium windows and sliding doors, but when we tested this PVC stuff, we did not want anything less good anymore. :D And of cause the blue glass, and burglar resistant, and there is was gone, the pool, too much over budget :cry:
Attila

Postby Kondee » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:43 am

Yes, they are more expensive than the typical local made windows. But be aware that expensive is no guarantee for good! Important is that the PVC is mixed correctly. Otherwise it could change the color after a while in the sun, etc...

Yes thank you....you might right. PVC need to be good quality because of sun. How about aluminium windows....are more cheaper than PVC?

We used the PVC from the European company THYSSEN. The PVC frames are made in Germany, shipped here, and then cut and welded together here.There is an Austrian guy, Peter, having a company specialized in that in Pattaya. They come to your house, measure the holes, and build the windows (or sliding doors) then accordingly. Nice farang, nice Thai foreman and workers. I might post some pics here later.

Maybe you can pm me any contact address from that company? Thanx :wink:

:!: These windows come with screens which are very easy to use, take off, clean under the shower, if needed, and put back.

Sounds good...look forward for see some pictures... :wink:

...and there is was gone, the pool, too much over budget :cry:[/quote]

Huh...who need a pool if you have perfect and nice windows like yours? :D
Serious...yes you are right....i also count....my house will need more than 30 windows and doors...it mean i also have to look in my purse :roll:
Kondee

winsors prices are too EXPENSIVE

Postby mr Architect » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm

i came arcoss a mob who is based in bankers but prices definately steamroller
over WINSOR above ...architect aluminium 025892088- deliver to pattaya area FREE

prices are steep here thou !
makes me think about timber framed option :)
mr Architect

Please go to WINDOWS & DOORS topic

Postby jazzman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:23 am

Everything you ever wanted to know about WINDOWS and DOORS, aluminium, PVC or wood, including prices and where to get them has now been discussed in FULL here:
http://coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29
jazzman

Return to windows and doors