Hinge Sizes internal doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby gliffaes » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 am

Anyone know the standard hinge sizes in Thailand for internal doors?? is it the same as the UK ie 75mm by 50 mm??
Assuming doors no heavier than 25kg and use of 3 hinges
Thanks
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby little john » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 am

All are doors have 4 hinges 4 cm by 10 cm.
little john
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: pitsanulok and wakefield

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

little john wrote:All are doors have 4 hinges 4 cm by 10 cm.


Really depends on the size and type of door.

Ours are solid teak, therefore a lot heavier than the average British door, and the same as Little John's

That's fairly common but there is a vast range if you go to the right stores.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby gliffaes » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm

little john wrote:All are doors have 4 hinges 4 cm by 10 cm.

cripes are they made of lead?
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby little john » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm

LOL no we just had a good builder i think.
little john
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: pitsanulok and wakefield

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby fredlk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Same same, no lead:
IMG_3802.jpg
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby splitlid » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 pm

3 x 4" hinges on solid doors are no problem, bottom one 8" up. top one 6" down.

standard.
splitlid
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

splitlid wrote:3 x 4" hinges on solid doors are no problem, bottom one 8" up. top one 6" down.

standard.


True if he buys decent quality hinges himself.

Otherwise the 'standard' here is usually four.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
User avatar
MGV12
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Chiang Mai

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby gliffaes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Ok Thanks guys 4 seems way over the top I normally put 3 to stop doors bowing in the middle so how about internal ( note internal) door thickness there??? 35mm as an average?
How thick are your internal doors? UK normally 35mm thicker for external doors but its the ointernal that ineterests me. I can get good quality ball bearing hinges in Stainless steel here for about 200 baht a pair.
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby geordie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I bought some really nice stainless hinges from Screwfix for the brothers boat he had previously fitted from B&Q so called stainless with steel screws ? within a year the hinges from B&Q had tarnished and the screws were just a lump of rust Its the quality of the stainless over there that is a bit dubious but its no different here if you are not careful definately get screws with them
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby gliffaes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 pm

geordie wrote:I bought some really nice stainless hinges from Screwfix for the brothers boat he had previously fitted from B&Q so called stainless with steel screws ? within a year the hinges from B&Q had tarnished and the screws were just a lump of rust Its the quality of the stainless over there that is a bit dubious but its no different here if you are not careful definately get screws with them


Yep stainles screws as well or a waste of time really. am looking at Dale stainless hinges with screws in the UK
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Hinge Sizes internal doors

Postby gliffaes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:08 pm

gliffaes wrote:
geordie wrote:I bought some really nice stainless hinges from Screwfix for the brothers boat he had previously fitted from B&Q so called stainless with steel screws ? within a year the hinges from B&Q had tarnished and the screws were just a lump of rust Its the quality of the stainless over there that is a bit dubious but its no different here if you are not careful definately get screws with them


Yep stainles screws as well or a waste of time really. am looking at Dale stainless hinges with screws in the UK

Meant to add but what thickness are your internal doors?? as its no use me buying 4 inch (100mm) hinges that are 76mm wide if the doors are standard 35mm thick as theyll be too large "internally"
gliffaes
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm


Return to windows and doors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest