Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Glass Shop

Postby ADC » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 am

Hi,
I've been driving about Pattaya and surrounding area trying to find a shop
selling glass. Just a glazer who can cut from stock all thickneses and possibly
bevel edges....
Looking for cheap material so any idea of costs?
ADC

Re: Glass Shop

Postby sezze » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I do not know the area where you are looking but i can try to help you . If you drive around out of the center of town you probably will find multiple small shops selling any kinds of building materials etc . Glass shops are not recognised as a western shop but just as a open place ( like some of the local shops for fixing bikes etc ) with some glass stacked agains a wall . They will cut it for you , and they will tell you what they have in stock . Glass is not expensive ( i paid around 5000 baht for the glass in my house , 5mm that is ) , and is generally cut within a few hours . If you need costum mirror glass they will cut that also and is dirt cheap ( i paid approx 250 baht for 120 by 80cm ) .
sezze

Postby ADC » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 pm

sezze wrote:I do not know the area where you are looking but i can try to help you . If you drive around out of the center of town you probably will find multiple small shops selling any kinds of building materials etc . Glass shops are not recognised as a western shop but just as a open place ( like some of the local shops for fixing bikes etc ) with some glass stacked agains a wall . They will cut it for you , and they will tell you what they have in stock . Glass is not expensive ( i paid around 5000 baht for the glass in my house , 5mm that is ) , and is generally cut within a few hours . If you need costum mirror glass they will cut that also and is dirt cheap ( i paid approx 250 baht for 120 by 80cm ) .

Thanks Sezze for the reply and information.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find a glass shop as you describe.
If you or another member could kindly give me the location of any shop in Pattaya
area much appreciated. I am in Jomtiem and anything along/close to A3 in Pattaya would be an advantage.
ADC

Postby pattayapope » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 am

There is a glass shop at the top of Theprasit road (Sukumvit end) on same side as Outlet mall, you will see alot of aluminium outside. A friend used beveled and coloured glass on his build but not sure were it got it from, I will e-mail him to see if I can find out as he is offshore at the moment.
pattayapope

Postby ADC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Many thanks Patayapope, will check it out this weekend.
Further info on bevelled glass would be much appreciated.
ADC

Postby pattayapope » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:23 am

ADC

I got a reply from my friend I think it might be the same shop I mentioned anyway this is the location in the reply

The glass guy I used was on Soi Temprasit. at the top end on the left, as you
come off Sukumvit. I was pleased with him, and he's quite convenient for you.

If you car needs washing (or motorbike) drop it off across the street and walkaround the area I am sure it won't be difficult to find, I don't think it is open on a Sunday and not sure about this weekend as election day.

Let us know how you get on
pattayapope

Postby ADC » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 am

Pattayapope

Couldn't find the shop on Theprasit probably due to the screaming kids and wife in the back seat.
Kids want McDonalds and wife questioning my timescale on renovations!

I'm concluding the shop is somewhere after the weekend market area where I found glass in a fish tank
shop but Thai speaking only. Across the road at a aluminium window shop I was quoted 950B for
an example 1.2x1.2 6mm, that's 660/m2 also additional 500B per pane for bevel. Since I've been
quoted 430B/M2 from a UPVC shop, I'm thinking I'm not here yet.

Will return to Theprasit on my own next weekend.

Many thanks.
ADC

Postby pattayapope » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

My friend is back this week so I will get a better idea but I think it is between the Outlet mall and the market, I looked on Saturday and it looked like it was all closed up.
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

I confirmed the shop is just before the weekend market on the same side, it is a double wide shop with a chain link cage to lock it up whe it is closed, my friend speaks very highly of it and good polite service.

Hope you have got it sorted now.
pattayapope

Return to windows and doors