Current uPVC Prices?

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Current uPVC Prices?

Postby MrRee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:06 am

Anyone have any recent per meter prices to share? Please post them here. Perhaps this topic can be made into a sticky for the benefit of all.
MrRee

Re: Current uPVC Prices?

Postby pattayapope » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 pm

I have attached my quote to give you an idea of prices (I remeoved the company name per form rules) I used 6 mm tinted tempered glass so normal glass would be cheaper. The PVC is made in Thialand and prices are comparable with other companies in Pattaya area with same spec materials.

Window quote.pdf
Quote for windows and patio doors
(42.28 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
pattayapope

Postby MrRee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Well, well, well...

So much for that company being a straight-shooter with integrity. Check out my quote. Before taxes and with more material and bug screens, you are at THB 5,603 /sqm. While I'm at 13,193 /sqm...

I knew the quote I got was laughably ridiculous. But, c'mon...almost 250% more ridiculous??? :roll: :evil: :roll:

What I wouldn't give for a Lowes or Home Depot right now...
Attachments
Quote01-2011.JPG
uPVC window quote
MrRee

Postby MrRee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Hold on a sec - not an apples-apples comparison. My quote is for sandwiched windows. 5mm-10mm-5mm security windows. So, that may explain the difference in price. Hmmmm... Not exactly sure because I can't get them to send links to more info about the windows. Anyone knowledgeable enough with these products to be able to explain the differences between his windows and mine based on the product code/description?
MrRee

Postby sezze » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 am

All i see are ridiculous prices . Now , i do know that upvc is more expensive then the standard window stuff but still it is all :mrgreen: .What i do not understand , and maybe this is my misunderstanding , that is that there is no price separation between the glass and the upvc itself . This makes it harder to make price comparisons all the way in the 1st place ( like Mr Ree said , double glazing vs green 6mm glass vs standard is all different ) and to me this isn't right . There are also many designs possible which by itself can make a huge difference even if the size is the same .
sezze

Postby jazzman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:59 pm

he best and easiest way to make a price comparison is simply to ask different suppliers for a quote for the same thing, for example a window with standard 6mm glass. As several suppliers of uPVC and see how they differ. Their price calculation for, the actual lass will be pretty much the same, so the difference will be in the cost of the PVC frames.

Don't be afraid to ask the firm outright what the price of the glass alone is. You would need to know that anyway if you were going to replace glass that had got broken.

Beware that there are some scams. Some uPVC is being sold that isn't uPVC, and it will go yellow in a couple of years; Always pick a reputable firm; Some of the best uPVC is made using material imported from Germany.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby MrRee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 am

I received a decent explanation from the place where I got the quote. Apparently, these are twist and turn windows which must be imported from Europe. That, and the glass is supposedly sooper-dooper secure drove up the price. It was a recommendation quote, and I have since replied with details (including pics) of what I actually want which is a different kind of window.
MrRee

Return to windows and doors