built in cupboard doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

built in cupboard doors

Postby gliffaes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:27 pm

In the Uk I get these direct off the manufacturer any size I want they are mdf or hdf foil warapped boards. I want to do some built in cupboards here and just buy the door fronts only as I do in the UK.
Anyone know a manufacturer here?? not a kitchen or bedroom showroom shop.
Heres some I did in the UK
Attachments
DSCF1232-qpr.jpg
gliffaes

Re: built in cupboard doors

Postby kknaj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:36 am

From what I've heard there are quite a few business around that do built ins. You would probably have to print that picture and take it around to the various businesses to show them and get quotes. The bigger businesses should have a larger range of available wood laminate and styles. I have seen quite a few nice built ins so they must be around somewhere. I haven't looked into it too much as we want be using them for this build.
kknaj

Postby gliffaes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:04 am

kknaj wrote:From what I've heard there are quite a few business around that do built ins. You would probably have to print that picture and take it around to the various businesses to show them and get quotes. The bigger businesses should have a larger range of available wood laminate and styles. I have seen quite a few nice built ins so they must be around somewhere. I haven't looked into it too much as we want be using them for this build.

Yes Ive seen the nice built ins Id like to find the manufacturer many shops say they will only supply the whole carcass which i dont want all I want is the doors the interior structure can be built from brick then rendered and just the door fronts fitted.
gliffaes

Postby pklongball » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 am

I would think mos built in guys would/could do what you want,,,,,,,,just build the fronts/facings/doors to mount/fix to the brickwork.

A clear understanding and idea sketch would need to be shown to them for them to make shop drawings and give a bid on time and cost. A decent built in shop can or will do almost anything me thinks.
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Return to windows and doors