upvc door handle won't spring up

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

upvc door handle won't spring up

Postby alex09 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi folks,

I have <removed bogus spam link Dozer 19-Apr-09> at the rear of the house, but the handle doesn't spring up any more so u can't push the door and have it latch on an close automatically. the door has bolt like latches at multiple points so when you pull the handle up they lock into place.

Is there anyway to get the handle to spring back up again, or do I need to replace the whole door mechanism ?
alex09

Re: upvc door handle won't spring up

Postby pklongball » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Alex you don't say if this is a new door or one that has been installed a long time.

If new I would contact the window company for the service/repair/replacement needs. They can surely take care of the problem.

If no new and you are a handyman than some simple repair may be need to free the mechanism. Posiibly some cleaning and light lubrication?
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby jazzman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 am

alex09 wrote:Hi folks,

I have uPVC doors at the rear of the house, but the handle doesn't spring up any more so u can't push the door and have it latch on an close automatically. the door has bolt like latches at multiple points so when you pull the handle up they lock into place.

Is there anyway to get the handle to spring back up again, or do I need to replace the whole door mechanism ?

I would think the best answer is to simply contact the people who made and installed the door. uPVC fittings are luxury items and a reputable company provides at least a 10-year guarantee.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby alex09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Hey Guys,

thanks... And, I'm also thinking to do the same thing.
alex09

Return to windows and doors