Double glazing uPVC window supplier question

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Double glazing uPVC window supplier question

Postby OlaF » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 pm

I am in the process of selecting windows for a mid-sized house (in Isaan), and want to use double glazing uPVC windows to match good insulated walls.

One of the companies that I consider is PVC Windows Thailand, located in Lat Krabang:
http://www.pvcwindows-thailand.com

Anybody on the forum have experience with this company?

They seem to offer considerably lower prices for this type of windows than most other I find (including wrVinyl recommended by many on this forum).
OlaF

Re: Double glazing uPVC window supplier question

Postby pklongball » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:31 am

Interesting!

I am also pricing new windows for my build but only single glass.

I also contacted pvc-windows and someone replied to my email almost in a few minutes of sending it to them. We never spoke but he indicated they could definitely help and provide me a quote and do the work.

Now a few days later I am waiting for the quote.

I also spoke to WR just yesterday around noon time and by the time I got home about 1830 hours I had their quote in my email box. Peter at WR was quite helpful.
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby rosegate » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:06 am

Mike at Tryba in Pattaya is also very good for UPVC windows, also very nice guy
rosegate

Postby jazzman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:37 pm

pklongball wrote: I also spoke to WR just yesterday around noon time and by the time I got home about 1830 hours I had their quote in my email box. Peter at WR was quite helpful.

By Peter at WR I assume you mean http://WRviny.com, not only is he too, a very nice guy, but his Thyssen doors and windows are the highest quality of materials and installation workmanship currently available in the Pattaya area. Many CoolThaiHouse members swear by them, and so does His Majesty the King.

uPVC is not a cheap solution, whoever sells it, but price differences certainly reflect the quality.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby idcpeter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 pm

The cheapest and best one I find is Windsor

http://www.windsor.co.th/
idcpeter

Postby tung » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Windsor website is all Thai.
tung

Postby jazzman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:20 pm

The cheapest is definitely not always the best. Quality has its price.

For quality / price ratio wrVinyl is unbeatable - several members here swear by it.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby pklongball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:51 am

Make sure when you're comparing prices that the price given is for the same things. Windsor makes a good window and frame but be sure the package includes the same types of frames, locks and glass as you price from the others. I priced 4 of the main vendors of Upvc and Windsor came in about the same as Euro. Wr was the highest.
pklongball

Postby tung » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:05 pm

pklongball wrote:Make sure when you're comparing prices that the price given is for the same things. Windsor makes a good window and frame but be sure the package includes the same types of frames, locks and glass as you price from the others. I priced 4 of the main vendors of Upvc and Windsor came in about the same as Euro. Wr was the highest.

Are you having UPVC in your place pklongball? If so who did you choose?
tung

Postby jazzman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:23 pm

I agree that it is absolutely essential to compare exactly what is being quoted for. Taking into account the level of investment, it may also be a good idea to ask to see some installations and talk to the owners. Some of them are members of this board.
jazzman

Postby pklongball » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:40 am

tung wrote:
pklongball wrote:Make sure when you're comparing prices that the price given is for the same things. Windsor makes a good window and frame but be sure the package includes the same types of frames, locks and glass as you price from the others. I priced 4 of the main vendors of Upvc and Windsor came in about the same as Euro. Wr was the highest.

Are you having UPVC in your place pklongball? If so who did you choose?

No Tung we (I) decided to go with aluminum. My budget could not handle the added cost of the Upvc.
pklongball

Postby jazzman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 am

Top quality white aluminium, with 6mm tinted glass works out at about 2/3 the price of PVC.
Small village firms can use the same stuff at even lower prices than the 'big firms'.

There is extensive information on this board about windows and doors, and there a re some pics here:
http://coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/thumbn ... m=6&page=3
jazzman

Postby jimrayong » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I had a look at a Windsor install, it was a town house near the top of Pattaya Tai, the hardware they use is cheap Chinese stuff with single point locks similar to those used on aluminium windows and doors.
The extrusion was all chalky and discolouring already only after six months, shows a lack of titanium dioxide which makes it UV resistant.
I went to see WR vynil and they tried to talk me away from their thyssen product and try to use the cheaper chinese stuff they had, guess they get more markup on that, it too had the cheap single point lock systems and not as good as multi point locks or as secure.
<dozer 27th Sept removed link> did offer a no exclusion warranty to me which no one else would do.
jimrayong

Postby jazzman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:03 am

I think you will probably find that wrVynyl do not make more money on the cheaper lines they sell. Like any other retail outlet, they keep a cheaper line in stock to retain the customers who might go somewhere else when they find that the main product is over their budget. As have prviously mentioned in this thread, quality has its price - if you can't affor'd it, nobody is forcing you to buy it.
jazzman

Return to windows and doors