Global House Pre-made windows

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Global House Pre-made windows

Postby pklongball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:47 am

While making a trip through the Global House in Rayong the other day looking for something I came to one area that displays and stocks a selection of ready to install windows/doors. They appear to be white aluminum and come in many sizes and types. I was not in the mood for asking questions or taking the time to find out more so I picked up a brochure and walked away.
Now looking at the fold out it appears these are made maybe in CM and Phuket and distributed solely by Global House? As the fold out gives no names or numbers of where they can be contacted. I attach the front and back covers of the brochure and ask anyone here on CTH if they have seen these or maybe bought them?
I am window and door shopping soon and maybe this is an alternative.

EZY.jpg
EZY1.jpg
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Re: Global House Pre-made windows

Postby dozer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm

No, we used a local aluminum factory here which had very competitive prices, one draw back on the do it yourself would be the openings would need to be 100% spot on. The normal way the aluminum factories operate here is they assume that the builders are not going to be able to do anything according to the plan exactly, so they come out and measure the actual openings and then build the windows accordingly. How does the Global service operate and how do the prices compare? What did you end up using?
dozer
Site Admin

Postby pklongball » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:02 am

Dozer,
Thanks and I have not done any windows yet. Still in the planning phase.
I have visited several friends homes and builds and as you say whether Alu or PVC the window people come out after the openings are basically finished and do a final measure before building the frames. In one case the window company came to the site and made the frames on the spot.

I understand completely about buying the ready mades and fitting. Risky to say the least.

Mainly I was looking at this type of input to disqualify this window from my plan. So far this window does not appear to be very popular as no one knows of them or has them.

:D
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby jazzman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 pm

This was a fairly comprehensive thread I started 18 months ago and others added some useful info. The prices will have gone up by now though.
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=671
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby pklongball » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 am

Thanks Jazzman, as usual if I would have done more reading I would have found the answer. :oops: I see the link to the Thai-Aust window web site,,,,will check it out :idea:
pklongball

Return to windows and doors