2012 floods

Floods, droughts, tsunami's and other natural disasters affecting coolthaihouse.members.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: 2012 floods

Postby schuimpge » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 pm

You know what is most funny about the flooding in Prachinburi?.... 304..
After the floods of 2011, many companies decided to move to a safer place, not being insured anymore, etc in the estates around Bangkok.
304-Industrial Estate set up a massive campaign to attract those customers. Their main selling point was that they where safe, high and dry during the flooding...They where very successful. I guess they filled up most of the remaining space. And that was quite a lot!
If you go from Navanakorn north to Saraburi, at the turn going to Bang Bua Tong you still see a huge billboard...it says something like "COME TO THE HIGH LANDS OF PRACHINBURI"

So, I did have a big grin on my face earlier this week when I read that companies where scrambling to protect their machines because there was 40-50cm of water there INSIDE THE ESTATE and rising!

On the other hand, we suddenly start getting the daily water reports again, and so far they are nowhere near to critical anywhere in a 20km radius around Navanakorn, not even counting the massive flood wall that is 1 meter higher than the 2011 flood level.
:lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Previous

Return to disasters