2012 floods

Floods, droughts, tsunami's and other natural disasters affecting coolthaihouse.members.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Bill,
Don't you have anything better to do either? You just want to win the 64,000 baht question.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

on topic

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm

RR,

It's too hot to play outside. :mrgreen:

Just checked no flood damage here.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
BKKBILL
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Re: on topic

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:04 pm

BKKBILL wrote:RR,

It's too hot to play outside. :mrgreen:

Just checked no flood damage here.


Not too bad here at the moment but all the signs are promising that i will be lugging furniture upstairs ?

(General clean for continuity of the thread after deleting several off topic posts mod) :D [*]
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: on topic

Postby fredlk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:28 pm

geordie wrote:Not too bad here at the moment but all the signs are promising that i will be lugging furniture upstairs ?

(General clean for continuity of the thread after deleting several off topic posts mod) :D [*]

... and deletion of my post wherein I advise geordie not to buy his house in Rangsit unless it comes with a pump, backwash filter, skimmer and tiles.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby pattayapope » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Sorry Fred I was alerted to a virus attack and hit the panic button working on a tablet is not as easy a laptop with a mouse. I am sure you will forgive me :lol: [*]
pattayapope
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Huai Yai Chonburi

Re: on topic

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

fredlk wrote:
geordie wrote:Not too bad here at the moment but all the signs are promising that i will be lugging furniture upstairs ?

(General clean for continuity of the thread after deleting several off topic posts mod) :D [*]

... and deletion of my post wherein I advise geordie not to buy his house in Rangsit unless it comes with a pump, backwash filter, skimmer and tiles.


Its got the tiles
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: 2012 floods

Postby fredlk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

pattayapope wrote:Sorry Fred I was alerted to a virus attack and hit the panic button working on a tablet is not as easy a laptop with a mouse. I am sure you will forgive me :lol: [*]

Just this once then. :lol: I'm not used to being rubbed out, snuffed out, deleted or otherwise erased.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby geordie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:51 pm

fredlk wrote:
pattayapope wrote:Sorry Fred I was alerted to a virus attack and hit the panic button working on a tablet is not as easy a laptop with a mouse. I am sure you will forgive me :lol: [*]

Just this once then. :lol: I'm not used to being rubbed out, snuffed out, deleted or otherwise erased.


I am getting used to it i have a stalker ! strange world with at least one very strange person in it
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:46 am

Geordie,
It's time to practice lifting weights, like the refrigerator, tables and chairs, couch and all the other household furniture of value that will need to be moved next month. I wish someone in some position of authority, would tell the politicians public servants who are causing this to happen again, just what a public servant does and who votes for politicians.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... uge-threat
I know they still have canals full of water that has stagnated since last year's floods. I know they have no intention of either pumping them out or opening the gates, I just can't figure out why. Making arrangements for the so called "monkey cheeks" is ludicrous when all they need to do is drain the canals and klongs. I wish they'd spend a few thousand baht of that 700 million they've been "saving" for a rainy day and turn the pumps on and open the gates.
Things are not looking good at the new house. Perhaps I should just sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6xGqk0 ... re=related
And now the road to the house has flooded so badly that the road has totally broken up again (it was never really fixed after the floods in the first place).
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 am

User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 pm

And then today this; http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... -effective which raises the question of why all the klongs and canals around Central Lat Phroa are overflowing at this minute (I just came back an hour ago) and why the four pumps aren't working.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 pm

And then this and the reason why the tunnel isn't pumping any water at all: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... in-bangkok with photos from today.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

And another new update and the blame game continues: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 91368.html
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5288
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 floods

Postby Maseratimartin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I would just shift Sonkran in the annual flooding time ...and maybe start building a boat ...Arch Buddha! :wink:
Maseratimartin
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 am
Location: Sakeaw and Hong kong

Re: 2012 floods

Postby geordie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

I dont know if i should be worried ? spotted a couple of good sized fish swimming through the grass across the road :shock: Then yesterday noticed at least a dozen people with rods fishing in the lakes that used to be paddy feilds Good news is the big klong alongside the 305 has a flow but all the ofshoots seem to be closed
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
User avatar
geordie
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 am

PreviousNext

Return to disasters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest