Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Floods, droughts, tsunami's and other natural disasters affecting coolthaihouse.members.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby trader » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:30 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Why is it people who have no argument or alternative ideas go off on tangents?


^^^^^^^huhh???huhh???


you really dont get it do you???

have a lovely day :D
trader
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:57 am

trader if that is your argument I don't get it either :o

http://notthenation.com/2011/11/ikea-solves-all-flood-problems/

Much of the problem in Thailand come from an inability for them to understand the concept of i don't. like any of them
but i do like universal suffrage and democracy.
I have a soft spot for Thaksin and his party for one reason and one reason only. That reason is they are hated by the elites and
Amart.

http://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/80191656/
Image
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Stop press
RR now has access to his house!
Image

lets hope this water drops soon!
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby Ians » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Ians,
Thaksin was leader of his political party because he owns / funds it when elected, just like Yingluck was at the behest of the owner / funder . Thais knew this and still voted for him and her. Notice I say Thais because we are not Thais. That's the Thai people who wanted them elected speaking, that is democracy as we know it with all its bad points. Sadly the democrats will never understand this as they have never been elected as a majority... a known fact...I'll post the evidence if you can't find it. No need, as you say it’s a well known fact.
If you call the military taking over a part of democracy then I pity your outlook on life and democracy. At no stage did I suggest the military taking over was democracy. The military are there to defend the nation in times of war and to help the people in times of natural disasters. And you would scream the loudest and longest if your elected leader, the person you voted for, was suddenly thrown out not if he was corrupt and screwing the country blind and making the rules to suit his own agenda because the army didn't like him. He, Thaksin wasn’t thrown-out – as there was no elected government at the time of the coup, the military stepping in at this time was no better or worse than Thaksin remaining as the interim PM. The military have no place in politics, they are there to serve the elected government: not as Prem said, to serve the monarchy or to change the jockey (elected government) when they don't like it.
Why can't you call Thaksin Thaksin and not use name calling? You might note that I did call Thaksin Thaksin and to call him a fugitive is quite correct, OK I agree that clown might not be appropriate but certainly more polite than many other descriptors he has aquired. Did you know the man personally? Have you said it to his face? I try not , to call people names even if I don't like them, but if I do run into them I do try and put my point across by not calling them names, just putting my limited knowledge to work and trying to suggest better ways. Name calling from afar is as bad as not putting up a decent argument when the time is ripe.
.


Of course we could discuss this over and over but lets just agree to disagree on the pedantics and get on with building our houses as soon as the floods waters reduce and things are back to normal. Luckily we were not effected in any way other than a bit of time lost due to wet weather, however I certainly feel for everyone who have been affected by the floods.
User avatar
Ians
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Phitsanulok

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby trader » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:36 pm

unclezillion wrote:trader if that is your argument I don't get it either :o


wheres the argument?? :o

read my first post :)

is that a argument????

just a peice on democracy :) in contrary to r/r opinion in a earlier post by him

and nothing more :D is there :lol:

have a nice day :D
trader
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 pm

ill argue with u ians because in my mind you have little idea of what u are actually on about!

in the April 2006 Elections boycotted by the democrats and a couple of others principally because they had no chance of winning!
Thaksin resigned and then the result was declared invalid due to the positions of voter booths: people had their backs to the public!

One thing you and others like you should accept is that the will of the people takes precedence over all else! We had the yellow morons
shouting for a royally appointed Prime minister and for the people of the north and north east's votes to count for less because they were not
clever enough!

Let us be very clear the fuss was nothing really to do with Thaksin: it would have been the same no matter who created the conditions!
The conditions that caused the coup were that political power had moved significantly away from Bangkok, Amart's, and elites!

We then had the coup and a subsequent referendum on a new constitution where the choice was accept this or we will impose what we want anyway.
We also saw significant interference in the judicial system with the main aim being to circumvent the peoples will!

Let us now look at what Thaksin was convicted of.
He was convicted of abusing his power in the buying of land by his wife.
please note the following
1. Thai law states that a spouse must sign for either to by land
2. there were two supreme court rulings ( from before Thaksins tenure) both stating that the relevant agency was independent from government.
3. all bids were sealed
4. The winning bid was for far more than the land was actually worth

Despite all this the military installed court decided to find him guilty: it was obvious there would be no justice and that the sole aim was to get Thaksin and then
to destroy his grass roots. Military documents are able to confirm this!

the TRT/PTP whatever you wish to call them still won the next election but with interference by the military installed courts sacked a prime minister for appearing on a cooking show etc etc.
We then had Abhisit who said that the use of LM was terrible and yet during his term we saw the widest use of this to shut up political opponents than any other time in Thailand's history.
Abhisit was also reported as saying he was "ready to become a prime minister who adheres to the principles of good governance and ethics, not authoritarianism."
We all know what a lie that was!

The Democrats have not won an election for over 20 years! something to do with the will of the people!

i really cant understand why people come to Thailand and lose their ability to think! They get all their information from the sworn enemies of the thaksin and whomever he did, does or does not represent!

So what if the government is nominated? it is still voted on by the people and as such is their will! or do you prefer installed by the military?

Lastly why was there a coup? The whole point of the coup was to keep subsequent governments weak thus cementing the position of the military, Amarts and elites at the centre of Thai political life.
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:25 pm

trader wrote:
unclezillion wrote:trader if that is your argument I don't get it either :o


wheres the argument?? :o

read my first post :)

is that a argument????

just a peice on democracy :) in contrary to r/r opinion in a earlier post by him

and nothing more :D is there :lol:

have a nice day :D


i stand by my post "IF that was an argument I don't get it"
the reason i said that was because i saw no argument just you agreeing with the previous poster! :lol: :lol:
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby tomquic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Unclezillion... well put mate.

But don't expect guys like Ians to ever agree ... they have either not been here long enough to understand the system .. or too long .... either way ... he seems to have taken the "I hate Thaksin whatever" pills ... and just does not see what has really happened here over the past number of years .... maybe mixes with the wrong / right(?) crowd.
Just accept that some people will continue to try and defend /argue the indefensible ... that is life ...

BTW have you happened to see the "Royal Thai Army " advertising on some of the army trucks in English ... they really must think farangs are stupid .... what did we think a large green military truck full of soldiers was ??? The Cambodian Army ??? Methinks that the money might have been better spent on something more useful ... seem to have seen a lot of self promotion over the course of the floods -- or is it just me ??? as well as many Amart trying to get their faces on the TV ... sad little people ...
tomquic
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Saw my first army truck today acting as a bus service.
i thought how nice this is the first time for all of these people that they have ever seen the army
actually doing what is best for the Thai people!
And yes it did have Royal Thai Army on the side in Thai and English :shock:

need satellite flood pics

http://cernunosat05.cern.ch/gp/flex/tha/
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby fredlk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:19 pm

tomquic wrote: some people will continue to try and defend /argue the indefensible ... that is life ...

Too true. Exactly what you're doing.
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:29 pm

unclezillian,
You almost got it right, then you went and put Rolf Harris's bust above the Regiment... definitely not done that... now Kev's portrait might have been okay, or even Uncle Bob's, but not Rolf's.
Now I wouldn't mind restarting work on my house, however, there are certain obstacles in the way... mostly water.... and the lack of material, which is mostly paid for, but is still sitting in shops and stores, little things like tiles (not a good topic), granite counter tops, doors, windows, taps/showers, wallpaper, ceilings etc etc. And of course my gas oven and burners, all the lights, and a lot of other things taking up space in the townhouse. I wonder if the Thai army would transport them? No I don't and the expense of shipping them out there would be a waste of money as most of the builder's workers are back up-country. I think I'll wait until highway 345 is open again.
User avatar
Roger Ramjet
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby tomquic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Fredlk,

I'm not argiung anything really apart from the fact that too many farangs seem to have an un-healthy obsession about thaksin .. who is not even their PM or ever was ... and in most cases their understanding of what has happened here over many many years is extremely limited ..... they need to read a little more from people outside Thailand rather than listening to their "knowledgeable" mates .... seen many of those blokes propping up a barstool in many bars all over Thailand ...

All I argue is that people should care about each other ... esp now .. and forget about B*oody politics ... stop trying big note themselves ... and make people think they are 'good' guys ... and that goes on all sides of politics ... there are just as many wally's on all sides here .... only a few of them I suspect are truly evil -- sadly .. but hope I'm wrong about that ...

Really sick of all the General / Captain/ Grai NATO's .... No Action / Talk Only crowd ... get out and help ...

That is All .......
Last edited by tomquic on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomquic
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby tomquic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

RR ,

Are you telling us you don't look like Rolf Harris ... s'pose you'll be saying you don't own a wobble board next ??? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hhcba1d ... re=related
tomquic
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby unclezillion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:58 pm

fredlk wrote:
tomquic wrote: some people will continue to try and defend /argue the indefensible ... that is life ...

Too true. Exactly what you're doing.


So give us a run down on Thai politics.and why Thaksin is responsible for everything
and how being a supporter of the elites/Amart is not fascist!
User avatar
unclezillion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby fredlk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:10 pm

unclezillion wrote:how being a supporter of the elites/Amart is not fascist!

From "Fascism for dummies" (part 2):
Today’s definition of fascism comes from Kevin Passmore and his book “Fascism: A Very Short Introduction” published by Oxford University Press.
“Fascism is a set of ideologies and practices that seeks to place the nation, defined in exclusive biological, cultural, and/or historical terms, above all other sources of loyalty, and to create a mobilized national community.”
User avatar
fredlk
 
Posts: 5879
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to disasters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest