Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Floods, droughts, tsunami's and other natural disasters affecting coolthaihouse.members.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Flood Related from Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby tomquic » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Getting VERY weary of hearing the moronic ( sorry - thats the only word I can use) predictions of whats going to happen.

The latest being -- that if no more water comes down to BKK it will be dry by the 20th ... where does this idiot think all the water currently up country is going to go ???

It really beggars belief that these people can actually tie their shoes laces and hold down any sort of job .... there are more intelligent guys down at my local carwash ...

Sorry ... but this crap has really gone on long enough ... sad that YL can't tell em all to get '###### , sack most of them and bring in some people who can actually see what needs doing , and then do it ,,,, but this is thailand ... and i do love it ... but gee would be nice if some of the 'kids in the sandpit' learnt to play together and let the real leaders --- lead ... instead of throwing wobblies every 3 seconds ...

- steps off soapbox ---

ps -- Happy Loy Krathong everyone ...
tomquic

Postby runker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Looking at a photo my brother-in-law sent me, the water level in front of his house (northwest Bangkok sub) the water has gone done 6 to 8 inches.
runker

Postby otis-a » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm

how many days it take water to ''rise'' n bkk?
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm

www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/death-t ... 6190452391
'
more on that far reach of thai gov't ineptitude:
'
seems the above article reports 1/3 kambocia under water since Mid August - also seems to have spliied over to Vietnam where southern Mekong delta and 4 central provinces are getting a good dose- now that is what i call REACH-
otis-a

Postby otis-a » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm

thai gov't ineptitude rolls onward-
''By: Rachel D'Oro 2011-11-10 22:44 Anchorage - An Alaskan storm of "epic proportions" caused more flooding overnight and left communities along the state's western coast bracing on Thursday for another possible sea surge. In Nome, the tide crested 3m above normal late on Wednesday, causing flooding along the town's main street, where the world-famous Iditarod sled dog race ends.''
-
the latest Alaska flood was worse since 1913- on a more serious note;
i wonder if the excess atmospheric mass of vulcan (volcano) dust is responsible in part for these anomolies? Possible moon gravitational effect/ pull is changing weather patterns by action on xtra vulcan dust in atmosphere. Just seems strange so many floods and a whole river going dry in Iran?
otis-a

Postby unclezillion » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 pm

the main problem we have about news in Thailand is that all the media are basically controlled by the military or the elites and as such are the sworn enemies of the present Government! They are more interested in covering up their own ineptitude and politicking than helping the situation.

Our village has given up watching or reading the news and we have realised that the only way to get reliable information was to go out and see for ourselves!

Water in our area is receding albeit very slowly but yesterday the TV told us all to evacuate!

After the 15th Nov the sea should be much lower and we should be able to expedite water run off.

I hope the PM gets through this in a much stronger position and then starts dismantling the military and the fascist courts piece by piece!
unclezillion

Postby tomquic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Unclezillion -- pretty good summary of the news media situation here ... which is sad.... very hard to get any accurate factual info on the flooding situation ...

So many people seem intent on politicising the situation or 'bashing' the current PM or PTP or anyone else apart from who they support ( even a few posters on here seem to be intent on snipe silly remarks - sad people) ..
The current BKK Gov appears only capable of supporting the BKK people and certainly not all .... from his actions or in-actions .... seems to enjoy his media role far more than really doing anything that appears productive.

I think a lot of officials here are also so partisan and not understanding that their roles are meant to be impartial- esp as govt officials ... I guess that is another sad inditement of the 'sponsorship' type system they appear to run here...

Really hope that yr prediction of after flood scenario comes to be ... and that some Karma comes to haunt a few of these p*icks...
tomquic

Postby Ians » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 pm

[quote

I hope the PM gets through this in a much stronger position and then starts dismantling the military and the fascist courts piece by piece![/quote]

Sounds like a good idea, she can then replace them with clones, yes men, brown-noses, and paid lackies together with all the other hanger-oners who dance to the tune of the fugitive messiah who believes that the whole world revolves around himself.
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 am

unclezillion and tomquic,
I agree with you both, it's time for a democracy to appear after the floods are over and I hope PM Khun Yingluck makes it happen.
The daily headlines in the Bangkok Post have been so biased that they now have no relation to the article that followed. I'd post a website, as I usually do, but its been banned by the previous government and probably this one too for fear of criticism of a certain "elite" group. Notice how in times of trouble you'll always have that "elite" group going on TV with propaganda. Even the front page of todays Bangkok Post is running the story (which is four days old) and implausible.... but it's being treated as fact. And this being Thailand I would guess we'll all be charged with (make up a charge) for expressing an opinion other than the elite line.

Ians,
As much as I didn't like Thaksin, he was replaced by a military coup.... That's democracy? Not in my country it isn't. The coup leaders and who they answer to should have all been jailed. All the courts they concocted and the new constitution needs to be disbanded and rewritten....by the people, for the people, not appointed lackies, clones, yes men and brown-nosers.
If you would care to look back at the elections, Thaksin was elected by the people... not appointed like half the senate is. When people cannot elect their own leader it means the country is still in the middle ages. The common people elect parliaments, not appoint them. The politicians who won the trust of the people then elect a leader, that's democracy at work.
Are you trying to tell us the Thai people didn't elect Thaksin? Or that the country should be run by the appointed "elite"? Or are you saying the Thai army and their masters know best?
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:19 am

Thaksin was only iterim PM when the miltary took over, he wasn't elected by the people - plus people don't vote for the PM he /she is appointed by the party who wins power or by the fugitive clown in the current case.
Ians

Postby trader » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:09 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:As much as I didn't like Thaksin, he was replaced by a military coup.... That's democracy? Not in my country it isn't.

when gilliard replaced rudd as your prime minster several yrs ago that was a back room party coup :(

and you are saying you have democracy in your country australia :lol:
trader

Postby tomquic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:58 am

Trader / Ians

Sadly .. you guys although not Thais ( well I assume not ) are part of the problem here in Thailand ....

A proportion of people here .. either Thai or farangs are so bitter and twisted and manic about Mr T ... its incredible ... when will you people ever move on???
Look at even the past few days in Parliament .. the Dems .. when they could be contributing to all getting together as Thais .. to help ALL the people .. seem more intent on playing politics. Even that nonce of an academic at Chula .. now wants a class action against the Govt ... these people are SICK -- how about really helping people instead of the game of getting on the TV and playing politics... need to grow up .. and someone needs to tell them .. how they really look ..

Not sure what yr beef is with Mr T.. who was certainly less than perfect as all politicians are ... was it the supposed graft ? Stealing all the money? I can assure you that far more was grafted during the coup years than any amount in the years during Mr T's reign as AN ELECTED PM ... Have a look at the increase in military budgets during that period before sounding off ...

Thaksin was elected by the people twice and was as far as I know the ONLY PM to ever serve out a full term ... something that the 'powers that be' and apparently you guys feel so threatened about .... as I said ... SAD! move on .. and maybe , just maybe think about contributing to Thai society ... and helping it to move to a fairer, more democratic one..

Now . just waiting for the snide , silly replies ...
tomquic

Postby trader » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^all sounds good to me :)

have a nice day :D
trader

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:41 am

Ians,
Thaksin was leader of his political party when elected, just like Yingluck was. Thais knew this and still voted for him and her. Notice I say Thais because we are not Thais. That's the Thai people who wanted them elected speaking, that is democracy as we know it with all its bad points. Sadly the democrats will never understand this as they have never been elected as a majority... a known fact...I'll post the evidence if you can't find it.
If you call the military taking over a part of democracy then I pity your outlook on life and democracy. The military are there to defend the nation in times of war and to help the people in times of natural disasters. And you would scream the loudest and longest if your elected leader, the person you voted for, was suddenly thrown out because the army didn't like him. The military have no place in politics, they are there to serve the elected government: not as Prem said, to serve the monarchy or to change the jockey (elected government) when they don't like it.
Why can't you call Thaksin Thaksin and not use name calling? Did you know the man personally? Have you said it to his face? I try not to call people names even if I don't like them, but if I do run into them I do try and put my point across by not calling them names, just putting my limited knowledge to work and trying to suggest better ways. Name calling from afar is as bad as not putting up a decent argument when the time is ripe.

trader,
What has back room politics got to do with Thai military coups? Or are you saying the Australian Armed Forces played a role? Or are you saying that the Australian people are too dumb to know what is right and wrong and who they'll vote for next time? I think you should look at Australian politics. The normal people vote for a party in Australia, hence the diverse parties with different leaders. Me, I voted for the Sport's Party because I like fishing and shooting, the fact they didn't get elected doesn't mean I want a coup by the armed forces. In a democracy you wait until the next election, then vote them out of office.

Why is it people who have no argument or alternative ideas go off on tangents? We live in Thailand.
I really do hate coups, they went out in Roman times.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:55 am

My solution to the floods.
As Thailand is only a few metres above sea level in many parts, I would propose the use of aqueducts that run from the central provinces to all coastal areas. They would store water during droughts and then be opened to the sea once rains and storm water started replenishing them. A bit like geordie's underground highways, but these would be above to allow for a 1 degree slope. At various stages of these aqueducts there would be large holding dams. When the water became high in these it would be pumped up to the aqueduct and allowed to flow naturally to the coast. All the rivers would stay in situ and still do what nature intended them to do, replenish the soil and allow water to drain to the sea. The aqueducts would be a way of helping nature/the people cope in times of excess water and drought.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to disasters