Thai Herbal Medecine

Issues related to medical treatment.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Thai Herbal Medecine

Postby jazzman » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Searching for a non pharma remedy for a digestive disorder, Jazzman discovered this site which claims to sell a Ginger Root based cure (curcuma) for this but which also appears to have extroadinary properties for actually curing cancer and a host of other complaints including hepatitis. This firm is based in Pattaya. If anyone has used these products, it would be good to have an indipendent opinion on how effective they are. The stuff is quite expensive.
http://ebnera.com/index-en.html

Jazzman
jazzman

Postby dozer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:15 pm

I haven't specifically used this one, but was mildly checking into some of the places that sell herbals around Pattaya. I like vitamins/herbal remedies, but believe in the 'double blind study' methodology, and so normally rely on western research, herbal recommendations. I did have a chat with a herb store near the round about in Pattaya and the owner was explaining that there is currently double blind research going on on some Thai herbs and that it could be found at a specific website. I didn't follow it up from there, but would be interested if you found out anything regarding double blind studies and Thai herbals....
dozer
Site Admin

Re: Thai Herbal Medecine

Postby gamanda » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

A lot of people say that herbal medicine really works though there are some who claim that they are just bringing placebo effects that make sure of a more effective way of healing. Some herbal stuff really hold a level of truth when it comes to being helpful to the body but there are some stuff that needs to be considered and you might be on the losing end of it when something bad even happens.
gamanda

Postby Nawty » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 pm

hmmmm......spooky...the dates too..

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/f ... l-medicine

Our mission is not to promote any products or services. It is to help people to avoid being misled. The Upatham team is also very active in the building sector (homes and swimming pools), uncovering scams and blacklisting builders and suppliers, both Thai and , unfortunately, farang in the Isaan region.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby Ians » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:45 pm

jazzman wrote:Searching for a non pharma remedy for a digestive disorder, Jazzman discovered this site which claims to sell a Ginger Root based cure (curcuma) for this but which also appears to have extroadinary properties for actually curing cancer and a host of other complaints including hepatitis. This firm is based in Pattaya. If anyone has used these products, it would be good to have an indipendent opinion on how effective they are. The stuff is quite expensive.
http://ebnera.com/index-en.html

Jazzman

The best cure for a digestive disorder is to change your diet, simple, effective and low cost. Digestive disorders come from what you shove down your throat each meal time, it also removes the need to take suspect herbal "remedies" or to assist drug companies make millions of $ each and every year using their so called wonder drugs / cures.

Added, posted before noting the original posting date
Ians

Postby gwynhfultz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

For the digestive disorders are the herbal supplements are fruitful??? Many of dieticians recommend me to take, but I am panic about the side effects of supplements and all...

[Link removed. mod]
gwynhfultz

Postby sirineou » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:32 pm

gwynhfultz wrote:For the digestive disorders are the herbal supplements are fruitful??? Many of dieticians recommend me to take, but I am panic about the side effects of supplements and all...

[Link removed. mod]

While some of these supplement, might not have any tangible benefits other than the placebo affect,They can certainly have some side effects such as, loss of wallet weight, and bank account depletion. :lol:
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby katana » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

While some of these supplement, might not have any tangible benefits other than the placebo affect,They can certainly have some side effects such as, loss of wallet weight, and bank account depletion.

I find your your cynicism refreshing! Indeed most mumbo jumbo medical treatments consist of the placebo effect. A broken bone won't respond to it but a pain in the stomach may.

BTW, I'm new here, so forgive me if I tread on any toes as I look about.
katana

Postby katana » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 pm

I should add that the placebo effect does has its place. It's what humans have used since existence. The parent merely saying to their sick child, 'what we just did will help you get better' is the placebo effect in action.
katana

Postby unclezillion » Mon May 05, 2014 9:33 pm

why not try vitamins etc from the good old us of a $4 postage only: http://www.iherb.com?rcode=LZF091 Keep orders under $50 to avoid tax here. So far everything i have ordered has got through OK. You will get a discount on your first order .
If you would like to try Kefir see http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html I would be happy to send you some milk kefir grains for free.
unclezillion

Postby unclezillion » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 pm

wow just noticed this was 18 months ago :lol: :lol:
unclezillion

Return to medical