Best AC for Dehumidifieng?

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Best AC for Dehumidifieng?

Postby oil » Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm

ha ha yep sometimes a water cooler would make more sense
oil

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 am

oil wrote:now i dont understand it anymore the max Amps we have is 15 the Electricity Company said, we got only 1 phase.
A friend told me 230 V x 15 A is 3450 Watts ... thats the overall power i can have in the house at the same time running.
i dont know about the 15/45 thingie,,, but i know for sure that we have only 2 Power Cables to our house,

There are three sizes of meter supplied in Thailand. They are usually called 5A, 15A, and 30A that rating is not the maximum that they can supply
If you take a look at your meter you will see the rating stamped on the information plate under the numbers.
Here is our temporary supply meter
IMG_1204.JPG

You can see it is marked 30(100)A

The meters supplied are
5/15A
15/30A
30/100A

They are guaranteed to be accurate over those ranges.

You can safely use them to supply
5/15A. 4,400watts (220Vx20A)
15/30A. 9,900 watts (220Vx45A)
30/100A. 33,000 watts (220Ax150A)
24/7/365 with absolutely no problems ever

A friend told me 230 V x 15 A is 3450 Watts ... thats the overall power i can have in the house at the same time running.

That is not correct for any meter.

I have used 220 as the supply voltage as Thailand is technically on a 220V supply though anything from 200 to 250 is not uncommon
Sometimewoodworker

Postby oil » Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 pm

cool thanks this is some very helpfull insight.,..

out of curiosity i was thinking...

a AirCon does it exchanges the air from the outside as well or is it just a inner cycle...
... reason is... if there is some poisonos gas outside... with the AirCon running would it take the poison gas inside to the room and toxicate the people or is it more like a closed system...
reason for me asking is... a little mountain next to us just went on fire 2 days ago... and i was wondering... even with possible filtering if the AC would bring in the bad air... or not?
oil

Postby Klondyke » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 pm

oil wrote:a AirCon does it exchanges the air from the outside as well or is it just a inner cycle...

Normally, there is no connection at the Aircon of the outside air towards the room. That's why it needs some small opening - a gap in the very good insulated window (!!!) - in order to allow the inside air to be exchanged somehow and to get a fresh oxygen from outside - in lieu of the gases discharged by the sleeping people. :(

If in your case there is a heavy smoke ouside? I have no answer (or perhaps take a holiday with wifey and fly to ol' good Europe - where the ouside air is well controlled by the government)... :evil:
Klondyke

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 pm

The unit inside on a split system is independant to the outside unit. The outside unit only compresses the refrigerant thus dissipating the heat. The inside unit runs the inside air over the coolcoils. As the air passes over the cool coils you get air reaching the "dew" point and condensation forms. This condensation is then transfered outside via some duct, usually 16-18mm.
Andyfteeze

Postby oil » Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 pm

so then its like a closed system?
oil

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu May 25, 2017 8:20 pm

you will get some level of particulates that stay with the condensate ( water) and thus are extracted, but dont ask me what they are or what concentrations. My best guestimate is same as what comes down in a rain shower. I tried looking for info but its inconclusive as yet.
Andyfteeze

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu May 25, 2017 8:36 pm

From what i can gather, the smaller the droplets of condensation, the more particles the water droplets will collect. The less humidity, the more particles will accumulate in the water drops. So extrapolating, when the humidity drops, so does the efficiency at which particles are removed from the atmosphere in the room. the best estimates are that rain removes between 10-40% of particles. I would assume the aircon unit would have a similar range of effect. But i do see some manufactures are adding an ionising system which charges particles in the air which in turn are absorbed by the condensate. Nobody has any data as to its efficiency. So really how much of the advertised stuff is hyper exaggerated?
Andyfteeze

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri May 26, 2017 6:00 am

oil wrote:so then its like a closed system?

Well from the point of view of the air in room being cooled isn't "like a closed system" it is a closed system
Sometimewoodworker

Postby BKKBILL » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
oil wrote:so then its like a closed system?

Well from the point of view of the air in room being cooled isn't "like a closed system" it is a closed system

Exactly! :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Previous

Return to cooling systems