White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby tmx » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am

I haven't seen a lot of white roof in Thailand but I am going to try to find an off-white roof for the house that I am going to build.
tmx
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 pm

tmx wrote:I haven't seen a lot of white roof in Thailand but I am going to try to find an off-white roof for the house that I am going to build.


Like this?

IMG_7416.JPG


IMG_6259.jpeg
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby tmx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Not bad...is that your place? Does it feel a little cooler with the white-ish roof?

Light grey might work as well. I'll need to add enough gable vents as well to keep the whole roofing/attic cool.



Sometimewoodworker wrote:
tmx wrote:I haven't seen a lot of white roof in Thailand but I am going to try to find an off-white roof for the house that I am going to build.


Like this?

IMG_7416.JPG


IMG_6259.jpeg
tmx
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 pm

tmx wrote:Not bad...is that your place? Does it feel a little cooler with the white-ish roof?

Light grey might work as well. I'll need to add enough gable vents as well to keep the whole roofing/attic cool.

Yes, yes and about grey is significantly less good.

You can see the bold here, links in my signature
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby schuimpge » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:13 am

Simple white roof paint also helps extremely well. Had both my houses done and makes a huge difference.

Cheers
Luc
User avatar
schuimpge
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 am
Location: Pathumthani, Thailand

Re: White Roof Tiles - Passive Solar Cooling

Postby tmx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
tmx wrote:Not bad...is that your place? Does it feel a little cooler with the white-ish roof?

Light grey might work as well. I'll need to add enough gable vents as well to keep the whole roofing/attic cool.

Yes, yes and about grey is significantly less good.

You can see the bold here, links in my signature


Thanks!

I will definitely pay alot of attentions to your design and build when it comes to time to do my own. It's still a few years away.
tmx
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

Previous

Return to cooling systems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron