Natural Cooling Systems

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Natural Cooling Systems

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 am

Yes I have to laugh a bit when over there in jan , they are all out side first thing in the morning ,standing around a fire on the ground. I just put on track pants and a jumper for an hour or so when it soon comes off.
Mike Judd

Postby pipoz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Has any one seen this for sale, in one of the Thai Superstores, Thaiwatsadu, Home Mart, Global etc

If so, any idea what it is worth?

pipoz
Attachments
Flexi duct.jpg
Flexible Duct
pipoz

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 pm

pipoz wrote:Has any one seen this for sale, in one of the Thai Superstores, Thaiwatsadu, Home Mart, Global etc

HomePro has it, they used it when they put in my central kitchen extractor hood. All it is is aluminum foil with wire. Very cheap.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
pipoz wrote:Has any one seen this for sale, in one of the Thai Superstores, Thaiwatsadu, Home Mart, Global etc

HomePro has it, they used it when they put in my central kitchen extractor hood. All it is is aluminum foil with wire. Very cheap.

Thanks Roger, do you know if it is the insulated one or just the foil one used for exhaust

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mike Judd » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 am

They use miles of it here in Oz for air -con or exhaust systems, as Roger said it's usually just wire with foil wrapped round.
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 am

pipoz wrote:Thanks Roger, do you know if it is the insulated one or just the foil one used for exhaust

pipoz

It appeared to be just the aluminum foil with the wire in it from what I remember. As Mike says it's used extensively. I'm not sure what you mean by insulated. Was it double foil? Yes. Would I use it for ducting cold or hot air? Yes, depending on thickness and what it was sitting on. If you mean was it filled with say fibreglass, then no. If you want it double insulated with aluminum foil and insulation (Fibreglass etc) then you can't buy it like your picture shows. It comes in straight tubes because it can't be stretched and is very expensive and does about the same job.
If you have a look at any large shopping center you'll see metal ducting and all that is inside is what you have shown....aluminum with wire in it.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to cooling systems