Internal wall vents

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Internal wall vents

Postby Ians » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:57 am

I am just starting our house building which will be double (cavity) red brick / render external walls and I'm looking for a source of internal wall vents to enable each room to vent into the cavity wall which will then vent into the ceiling space.

Attached is the typical Aussie wall vent build into the wall by the brickies - any idea's what might be available in Thailand and where to source it.
Thanks
Attachments
wall vent.jpg
wall vent.jpg (44.18 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Ians

Re: Internal wall vents

Postby pattayapope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 pm

You can get the local cinder blocks with ventilation slots in them, sorry no picture but the are same size as regular cinder blocks, about 12 * 6 * 3 and probably cost about 15 to 20 baht each. Probably worth putting some insect screen on them as well.

Hope this helps
pattayapope

Re: Internal wall vents

Postby Ians » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reply, I looked at the concrete blocks (with fly-screen attached) this would be second option compared to a nicely finished vent if available, but the more I look it seems that concrete blocks are becoming the only option - other than having something made in sheet-metal which is too expensive.
Ians

Return to cooling systems