Air Conditioner Prices in Thailand ALL Brands and Models

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderator: MGV12

Air Conditioner Prices in Thailand ALL Brands and Models

Postby MrRee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:58 am

Go to the manufacturer's website for detailed info. When you have found what you want, check the price for the model(s) here:

http://www.topcoolair.com/

Enjoy!

Note: These are dealer prices (aka MSRP). For those who may not understand how dealer pricing works, it means a fair dealer profit margin is already included. "All" dealers will buy from the factory at the listed dealer price. The factory (or distributor) will offer a margin to the dealer based upon how much product the dealer sells. So, for example, a new dealer might be offered a 25% margin. This means that dealer can buy the unit from the factory at 25% less than the listed dealer price. An established dealer which sells lots of units might be offered a 35% margin. This means that dealer can buy the unit from the factory at 35% less than the listed dealer price. On top of these margins, the factory may also offer rebates (sell x units or $x of product and get a refund at the end of the quarter/year) and other incentives which the dealer keeps.

IMHO, any dealer selling above the dealer price is a rip-off (unless the product is in very high demand). So, when negotiating the price you will pay for the air conditioner, know that the dealer price should be your upper limit and that the dealer has some wiggle room.
MrRee

Re: Air Conditioner Prices in Thailand ALL Brands and Models

Postby rucus7 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks for the link/post I booked marked it for reference in the near future.
rucus7

Postby otis-a » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 pm

where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby Rick B » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Otis, I believe typical costs today in Thailand for A/C units, intalled, are 20,000 baht for 12,000-13,000 BTU units and 25,000 baht for 18,000 BTU units. These prices would be for a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim type unit. If you shop around, you will probably find cheaper prices for same size units from LG, Panasonic, Samsung, etc.. But I happen to like Mitsubishi's quality and have always used them while living in Thailand. Also, if you buy the units somewhere yourself and then want to have them installed, a local installer usually charges 2,000 baht per unit, all materials included. Hope this helps.
Rick B

Postby otis-a » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:50 am

thanks Rick B for the info. Have updated cost sheet accordingly. Was not aware to ask for install costs, very helpful.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby MrRee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 pm

If installing a central air unit, expect to be quoted based upon how nice/big your house looks ;). Some quotes I received for my build clearly indicated the yaba business is doing well. The fan coil unit and the compressor unit can both be installed for THB 4-7k (depending on length of required piping - first 4m is "free"). The air duct is where you will get bent over. A "fair" price for a pro quality job using top materials (pre-insulated air duct sheets custom bent) is about the same cost of the FCU + CU. The air vents will run about THB 1-1.4k each.

My niece's boyfriend (does it for a living in BKK) ended up doing mine at cost plus a fair profit and far less than the nearest commercial quote. He did a helluva job and is one of the sharpest Thais I've ever encountered. First visit he draws a 3-D schematic on a bare wall with a rock chip :shock: not five minutes after he listens to what I want. He is also not shy about giving better ideas to do the job right the first time - I thought I was back in Kansas. I highly recommend without reservation and he does travel anywhere. He does not speak English, but if you speak very good Thai you will find him and his thought processes to be very, very impressive. Send PM.
MrRee

Postby cooked » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 am

Rick B wrote:Otis, I believe typical costs today in Thailand for A/C units, intalled, are 20,000 baht for 12,000-13,000 BTU units and 25,000 baht for 18,000 BTU units. These prices would be for a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim type unit. If you shop around, you will probably find cheaper prices for same size units from LG, Panasonic, Samsung, etc.. But I happen to like Mitsubishi's quality and have always used them while living in Thailand. Also, if you buy the units somewhere yourself and then want to have them installed, a local installer usually charges 2,000 baht per unit, all materials included. Hope this helps.

I paid a tad more for the two units I bought at the beginning of the year (Daikin). I went to Homepro in the morning, for this price they were installed the same day. I also got the guy's telephone number so if the guarantee runs out and I have problems, the team will turn up.
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Postby Greer0321 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 pm

MrRee wrote:If installing a central air unit, expect to be quoted based upon how nice/big your house looks ;). Some quotes I received for my build clearly indicated the yaba business is doing well. The fan coil unit and the compressor unit can both be installed for THB 4-7k (depending on length of required piping - first 4m is "free"). The air duct is where you will get bent over. A "fair" price for a pro quality job using top materials (pre-insulated air duct sheets custom bent) is about the same cost of the FCU + CU. The air vents will run about THB 1-1.4k each.

My niece's boyfriend (does it for a living in BKK) ended up doing mine at cost plus a fair profit and far less than the nearest commercial quote. He did a helluva job and is one of the sharpest Thais I've ever encountered. First visit he draws a 3-D schematic on a bare wall with a rock chip :shock: not five minutes after he listens to what I want. He is also not shy about giving better ideas to do the job right the first time - I thought I was back in Kansas. I highly recommend without reservation and he does travel anywhere. He does not speak English, but if you speak very good Thai you will find him and his thought processes to be very, very impressive. Send PM.

I live in Bangkok with my Thai wife but I just built a new house near Rio Et; I need a central air unit to be installed; is this guy still in business, we are loking for someone to install.
Greer0321

Postby jazzman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Shopping around judiciously will find that the price of air con still oscillates at around Baht 1,000 per 1,000 BTU.
What makes the difference is whether they include installation or not.

Installation only should never cost more than Baht 2,000 - 2,500 (that's all I pay). Any more and they saw you coming.
Note that long runs of the copper piping more than a couple of metres will result in an exponential loss of cooling effect however well insulated they are. The installers don't care however, and apart from knowing how to connect the tubes and cables, probably have zero knowledge of the actual cooling technology involved.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to cooling systems