Evaporative Cooling

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Evaporative Cooling

Postby kakariki » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:25 am

Hi All
My house in Oz and many others have Ducted Evaporative Cooling systems mounted on the roof and ducted through the ceilings of most rooms, but I don't see them in Thailand, nor anybody talking about them here.
Does anybody use them as they cost a fraction to run compared to Air-Con, and can you get them there.
Thanks Barry
kakariki

Re: Evaporative Cooling

Postby MGV12 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 pm

kakariki wrote:Hi All
My house in Oz and many others have Ducted Evaporative Cooling systems mounted on the roof and ducted through the ceilings of most rooms, but I don't see them in Thailand, nor anybody talking about them here.
Does anybody use them as they cost a fraction to run compared to Air-Con, and can you get them there.
Thanks Barry

Hi >>>> Great and simple concept as you say but unless you have a dehumidifier in the system [which costs money to run like air con] they don't work too well in countries that already have a high ambient humidity. 'Swamp coolers' as they generally call them in the States are great if you live in Arizona or new Mexico but you don't see them in Louisiana or Florida for instance.
MGV12

re

Postby kakariki » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:12 pm

I see, I know that they can be a bit humid, but leaving the doors and windows open seems to fix that, mind you Thailand is a lot more humid than here.
So can you buy them there do you know?
kakariki

Return to cooling systems