My infinity pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: My infinity pool

Postby Breizh29 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Rdteth wrote:weber.thai.gres is the tile glue and
weber.color.hr is the grout.
I will be using them both too, however I will apply
weber.dry.tex on the render first. Inside the OF tank I will only use dry.tex and see no reason for tiling that area.
Before applying either thai.gres or dry.tex you have to wait about 1 week in case of a swimmingpool.
Well Breizh29, I guess you comply to that.
Ps my wall-pouring will be tomorrow and not today as planned. Due to obvious reasons. So if you live near Rayong and have nothing to do, come and have a look.

Oups, I inverted between grouting and adhesive : weber.thai.gres (tile adhesive) and weber.color.hr (tile grout).
For OF thank i have to check with the builder.
No time to travel to Rayong now! I have to stay here for the pool. Perhaps another time ...
Breizh29

Postby Rdteth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm

As many or most overflow tanks are tiled I hoped to get a response from someone why I had better tile the tank.
Maybe now??? Opinions are greatly appreciated......
Rdteth

Postby Klondyke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Rdteth wrote:As many or most overflow tanks are tiled I hoped to get a response from someone why I had better tile the tank.

The OF tank can surely be tiled. The question is what for? After few weeks the surface (bottom and walls) will get dirty from the collected OF water (and the dirt within). If the tank is neatly and waterproof rendered by cement, you will save some cost and your effort throughout the year to keep the tiles regularly clean.
Klondyke

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Klondyke wrote:
Rdteth wrote:As many or most overflow tanks are tiled I hoped to get a response from someone why I had better tile the tank.

The OF tank can surely be tiled. The question is what for? After few weeks the surface (bottom and walls) will get dirty from the collected OF water (and the dirt within). If the tank is neatly and waterproof rendered by cement, you will save some cost and your effort throughout the year to keep the tiles regularly clean.

When the tank is dirty and needs to be cleaned, is it not easier to do it when it is tiled?
Breizh29

Postby AJBangkok » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:32 pm

I tiled my overflow tank. To be honest it didn't cross my mind not to tile it. My pool is the feature point of the entire back yard so I want it to look good and it does. I don't know if the tiles provide an additional water proof barrier to the cement but they are probably not necessary so long as you have used the right cement and render.
AJBangkok

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:50 pm

AJBangkok wrote:I tiled my overflow tank. To be honest it didn't cross my mind not to tile it. My pool is the feature point of the entire back yard so I want it to look good and it does. I don't know if the tiles provide an additional water proof barrier to the cement but they are probably not necessary so long as you have used the right cement and render.

Hi AJBangkok,

Personally I have not yet decided whether I put the tile or not. As my buffer tank will be buried, the 'handsome' side will not matter!

Can I ask you what is your filtration system, pump(s) and filter for your pool?
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi,

After 23 days without activity, 3 workers are back and the work is gone. :mrgreen:

Reinforcement of the water holding tank after washing the filter.

End of pipe installation for spa air nozzles.

Installation of the external formwork of the part of the spa which overflows the basin.
Breizh29

Postby Klondyke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Breizh29 wrote:When the tank is dirty and needs to be cleaned, is it not easier to do it when it is tiled?

Yes, it is easier. However, depending on the quality of the source water, the walls and the bottom will get more and faster dirtier than the pool itself. Then, your temptation for cleanliness will very often force you to suck the dirt from the bottom and polish properly the tiles (not an easy job in catacombs). Unlike when the surface is by rendered grey cement, it would not bother you so much. The dirt will lay at the bottom (and smudge the walls), it does not influence the quality of the water sucked back into the pool.

BTW, the flow inlet into the tank should be arranged so gently, that it does not whirl up the water sedimented at the bottom before.

As a matter of fact, that the dirt collected from the pool surface is laying comfortably at the bottom of the tank (awaiting a removal within 1, 2, 3 months), this is one of the many advantages of the OF pools. Comparison with non-OF pools, where the dirt from water surface goes directly via the skimmers into the filter, soiling it generously.
Klondyke

Postby AJBangkok » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 am

Breizh29 wrote:
AJBangkok wrote:I tiled my overflow tank. To be honest it didn't cross my mind not to tile it. My pool is the feature point of the entire back yard so I want it to look good and it does. I don't know if the tiles provide an additional water proof barrier to the cement but they are probably not necessary so long as you have used the right cement and render.

Hi AJBangkok,

Personally I have not yet decided whether I put the tile or not. As my buffer tank will be buried, the 'handsome' side will not matter!

Can I ask you what is your filtration system, pump(s) and filter for your pool?

I think I have a pretty standard system below.

1. V900 sand filte
2 2EPV 150 pool pump
3 Pura pool oxy minerale
4 E-maux SB20 pump for spa jets

IMG_0078.JPG
Pool room
AJBangkok

Postby Breizh29 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks AJBangkok :wink:
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi,

Yesterday, a lot of occupation on the site.

Trenching for various pipes (water, air, electricity).

Casting of the concrete in 3 slabs.

Spa

water holding tank after washing the filter

buffer tank

Breizh29

Postby Klondyke » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:42 pm

About filter drain outlet:

There is a good reason to see the draining water coming out when backwashing. Not only through a sight glass but in natura. And also to be able to catch it in a small white (sampling) bucket, seeing whether the outgoing water is already really clean or still needs more backwashing.

Usually, quite an exaggerated backwashing time is recommended, a lot of water gets lost that needs to be replenished and a new fill of chemicals as well (that's why the pool shop experts recommend the many minutes).

More effective is to backwash in short portions, stop and after a while start again, and/or changing the flow direction (rinsing - backwashing), the dirt cleverly hidden outside of the main stream will get caught at last.

And there is another good advantage of the water drain seeing:
Sometimes after the backwashing the membrane of the 6-way valve will not sit properly in its right position and the water will be leaking into the drain. And we are lucky to discover it, unlike when we cannot see it. Then, during the long filtering time it will leak secretly into a pipe - surprised that the pool losing water.

Why when last few months something like this had never happened? It has just caught some air bubbles or sand corns. Sometimes a test of nerves, no need to order immediately a new valve. Just switch off the pump and patiently turn the valve around. And await a bit before the pump on again.

BTW, the drain water can be used for garden watering, the plants will be very grateful.
Klondyke

Postby Breizh29 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:06 am

Hello Klondyke.

Thank you for your interventions, which are full of common sense.

In my case I don't think I will use water for the garden because it contains salt! :wink:
Breizh29

Postby schuimpge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 am

AJBangkok wrote:I think I have a pretty standard system below.
IMG_0078.JPG

I Would agree with that except that it's the first system I see mounted on the ceiling.... :mrgreen:
schuimpge

Postby Klondyke » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 pm

schuimpge wrote:
AJBangkok wrote:I think I have a pretty standard system below.
IMG_0078.JPG

I Would agree with that except that it's the first system I see mounted on the ceiling.... :mrgreen:

It brings advantage when emptying... :lol:
Klondyke

PreviousNext

Return to swimming pool