Building a swimming pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Building a swimming pool

Postby Sunpax » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I have never seen it so ! I can't imagine which kind of design can be ...

or maybe some highter "wall" on the lower point...where after I can put some nice rocks !
Sunpax

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Sunpax wrote:I have never seen it so ! I can't imagine which kind of design can be ...

or maybe some highter "wall" on the lower point...where after I can put some nice rocks !

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=645
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby sezze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1061&start=30
More slope then this is not going to happen , but it basically does not matter how slope the ground is . Infinity edge is the nicest looking , especially in sloped grounds since 1 side is to be from ground level anyway .
If you see basic basic swimmingpools , the one they sell all over , for building on the ground instead of in ground , you wil see that if you dig it in at 1 side and on the other side is above ground level , then it is build on sloped ground . The ground level needs co be firm and solid , the shape of it does not really matter . The swimming pool is supposed to carry itself ( i do not know if this is always the case , but i guess it is ) , as a construction , so the surrounding land is only there as filler .
I think you are building in Samui ? Take a look around at the luxurius dwellings on the mountains , plenty of them there , and most of them have swimmingpools and their land is certainly sloped .
sezze

Postby geordie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

rather an extreme exaple sezze this is under the pool on the topic you posted

download/file.php?id=1025&mode=view
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Sunpax » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 am

Thanck's...I don't have so much slope..loll about maybe 5 %

But I see that nothing is impossible..!
Sunpax

Postby daisy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:45 am

We are building a new house and are planning on putting in a pool at the same time the house is being built. Our last house had a huge in-ground pool, which we loved! Our new property, however, is all on a slope. We wanted to build a pool similar to our last one, but I don't know if this is possible considering the slope. Will we need to start looking at at above ground pools?
daisy

Postby thaimic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 am

Sloping land does not eliminate the possibility of an in ground pool. Some of the nicest pools I have ever seen are built on slopes.
thaimic

Postby thaimic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 am

It's been a while since I have posted on the pools topic. I previously told the story of building the pool. 7 months ago, I finally took the time out from my aquaponics farming to have my pool changed over to salt. We are so glad we did-the chlorine is undetectable to taste or smell, our hair and skin don't dry out, and our eyes don't get reddened. Fantastic, I couldn't recommend it higher.
When searching for a supplier/installer for a salt chlorinator, I found one in Pattaya that sold the Zodiac chlorinator I wanted, the pool doctor. Their price was the cheapest, so I chose them. They did an excellent job installing it. The chlorinator died after 7 months, so I contacted them to come and service it. 10 unreturned phone calls and 3 unanswered emails later, I called up Bangkok Pools instead. They came out, uninstalled the chlorinator control box, and sent it to the distributor/servicer for Zodiac, Pool 'n Spa. Pool n' Spa came back with a price of B25,000, which Bangkok Pools then haggled down to B18,000, to replace the control chip in the control box. I checked with Zodiac, and the chip is an (Australia dollar) $86 item, a new control box under $300. So obviously, paying B18,000 (over $600) to repair one was absurd, to me.
Dealing with Zodiac direct is difficult, they are set up to deal with distributors, it seems, so I used poolwerx.com as they have a live online chat service. They had me send them the control box, which they sent to Zodiac. Two weeks later, (all this during Christmas), I got the box back, and Bangkok Pools came out and reinstalled it, and it works perfectly now. My guess is that the very nice people at the pool doctor deal with big customers, resorts and the like, and I was just too small a potato for them to bother with. Bangkok Pools, however, were absolutely spot on-great to deal with, have a staffed Pattaya office, did everything they said they would when they said they would, their engineer spoke English, the big boss is Enlish. Very high recommendation for Bangkok Pools, and because of them, a happy ending for us and our pool.
thaimic

Postby thaimic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am

It's been a while since I have posted on the pools topic. I previously told the story of building the pool. 7 months ago, I finally took the time out from my aquaponics farming to have my pool changed over to salt. We are so glad we did-the chlorine is undetectable to taste or smell, our hair and skin don't dry out, and our eyes don't get reddened. Fantastic, I couldn't recommend it higher.
When searching for a supplier/installer for a salt chlorinator, I found one in Pattaya that sold the Zodiac chlorinator I wanted, the pool doctor. Their price was the cheapest, so I chose them. They did an excellent job installing it. The chlorinator died after 7 months, so I contacted them to come and service it. 10 unreturned phone calls and 3 unanswered emails later, I called up Bangkok Pools instead. They came out, uninstalled the chlorinator control box, and sent it to the distributor/servicer for Zodiac, Pool 'n Spa. Pool n' Spa came back with a price of B25,000, which Bangkok Pools then haggled down to B18,000, to replace the control chip in the control box. I checked with Zodiac, and the chip is an (Australia dollar) $86 item, a new control box under $300. So obviously, paying B18,000 (over $600) to repair one was absurd, to me.
So I sent the box to Zodiac, which they repaired (replaced the power supply, not the control chip as PnS wanted to do), under warranty. Two weeks later, (all this during Christmas), I got the box back, and Bangkok Pools came out and reinstalled it, and it works perfectly now. My guess is that the very nice people at the pool doctor deal with big customers, resorts and the like, and I was just too small a potato for them to bother with. Bangkok Pools, however, were absolutely spot on-great to deal with, have a staffed Pattaya office, did everything they said they would when they said they would, their engineer spoke English, the big boss is English. Very high recommendation for Bangkok Pools, and because of them, a happy ending for us and our pool.
thaimic

Previous

Return to swimming pool