new pool questions

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: new pool questions

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 am

I am looking after a Villa for a mate who is in the UK no one lives there my girl friend gives it a clean once a week puts on the aircon for about an hour each visit the only other appliance thats on 24/7 is a big fridge and the pool pump his elect bill is almost 4,000 baht each month ! can only think its the pool pump ? does it need to be on all the time or should I get a time clock fitted to restrict the time it's on ?
Sparky

Postby thaifly » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:49 pm

GIDDAY SPARKY...its the thai fly from mae rim...some one is giving you the raw prawn..big time...ITS A CANNOT BELEIVE IT GIDDAY TO ALL....its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Maybe you should shut off the pump and check the power meter to see if it is moving as thai fly indicated someone could have tapped into your power line or other appliances are running.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby jazzman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am

It depends on the Kw rating of the pump. if the filtration system is correctly matched to the volume of the pool, the pumping cycle should not exceed 6 - 8 hours per day. Average electricty bill would be in the region of 600 - 1,200 baht for a medium sized pool.
jazzman

Postby jazzman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:52 am

Did we ever hear the outcome of this story?
jazzman

Previous

Return to swimming pool