Cost of Rendering

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Cost of Rendering

Postby hkexpat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:49 pm

Does anybody have a sqm cost for rendering - External walls and internal walls?

HKExpat
hkexpat

Postby jazzman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:21 am

This is easy Expat. You've already calculated the prices of sand and cement. decide how thick you want your rendering, usually 1 cm thick and that will give you the cubic quantities. You know your mixes of cement (6 - 7 50Kg bags per 1 cm3 of mix) and the prices of cement.

Most builders prefer
to use Boon Kiaw (white cement) so called only because it comes in a white bag with blue lettering or Boon Tschap. This is a special mix for rendering, call tschap in Thai, as it does NOT require the extra addition of elastisizer.

The cost of rendering the interior and exterior walls of Jazzman's 156 m2 single storey house was insignificant compared with the rest of the BOQ. The tchap required 20 bags of cement @ 95 B per bag.. 15 cu of sharp sand was bought for the whole house project and it worked out perfectly, the last of it was just enough to make the cement to tile the floors. A couple of cwt was left over and spread around the garden.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Cost of Rendering

Postby hkexpat » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Jazzman,

Yeah I know, but I had a niggle in the back of my mind that render was somehow different and maybe more expensive.

Thanks for the clarification. I can now go and beat up my contractor and get a sensible price!!

HKExpat
hkexpat

Return to material prices & building costs