Cost of shutter for shop

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Cost of shutter for shop

Postby JASONTHAI » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi does anyone know the price for a metal shutter for the front of a shop would be, size is about 2.3 metres high by 2 metres long
Where's my Chang beer
JASONTHAI

Shutter fo a shop - prices

Postby jazzman » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 am

Sorry Jason, I missed this posting.

Price for Jazzman's shop-front type roller shutter to protect his 3m wide x 2.2 m high, fully glazed sliding front door.

Exactly 5,000 baht including installation.
Every village has a supplier. Usually the doors and windows man.

They come in a horrible standard grey. Jazzman will be spray painting his shutter and its rails white to match the windows and doors.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Itchy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Jazz, can you post a picture of your shutter window arrangment.

I've been considering this as a means of having large windows during the day, but security during night and when we are not at the house.

I'd particularly like to see how you have fitted the shutter storage drum and the guide rails.
Itchy

Roller Shutters

Postby jazzman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Itchy,

It;s been measured up and orderd but hasn't been installed yet because the drop length will depend on the floor height when the patio tiles have been laid.

The drum will be stashed above the plaster board ceiling of the porch so that the only visible part will be the slot it comes down out of. When rolled up, the bottom flange will sit flush with the ceiling. No nasty, visible, badly riveted aluminium casing :)

The most difficult part of the whole installation will be to accommodate that tiny anchor point NEATLY in the patio floor. As you know, Thai Thai tilers cut tiles with their teeth :x

The shutters do have side bolts operated from the handle in the middle with a cylinder lock (just like an up-and-over garage door), but they always seem to include the padlock feature for extra security. maybe one can do without it - I will see. I don't want the patio tiling around my front entrance ending up looking like something from Pollock.

I will have to reach up with a metal rod with a hook to pull the shutter down. It is possible to install a motor drive, but that would DOUBLE the cost.
Take a look at any shop front to see how the rails have been fixed. The main thing to impress upon the workers is NEATNESS - this is for a private home, not a shop where aethestics (like most things in the country except the ladies) just are not important.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to material prices & building costs