build price

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

build price

Postby russ » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:10 pm

hi me and my wife moved from uk 18 months ago to cha am we are about to build our house the price from the builder is 12 thousand bht per sq mt but does not include bathroom ware or tiles is that normal could please someone advise . reading other post the sq mt price should include bathroom ware and tiles

russ
russ

Postby Itchy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:38 pm

I can't answer your question regarding price, but I'd be a bit careful when choosing bathroom floor Tiles.

Most Thai specification bathrooms I've been in have high polish and extremely dangerous when wet floor tiles.

Whoever buys these, you or your contractor, make sure you get non slipt floor tiles.
Itchy

Postby dozer » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 am

It does seem a bit odd to exclude bathroom ware and tile. Normally the bid price will be complete for a minimum installation -- that is you would get cheap toliets, showhead, etc., then you would negotiate upgrates from there.

The price sounds a bit on the high side but without knowing specifics impossible to say. For that price it should be very high quality, double wall construction and I would think would include all the bells and whistles.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby cruzing » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:08 pm

dozer wrote:It does seem a bit odd to exclude bathroom ware and tile. Normally the bid price will be complete for a minimum installation -- that is you would get cheap toliets, showhead, etc., then you would negotiate upgrates from there.

The price sounds a bit on the high side but without knowing specifics impossible to say. For that price it should be very high quality, double wall construction and I would think would include all the bells and whistles.

I agree with Dozer, seems high.

If you go with separate interior designer (completely different from what we call interior designer in the states) doing the inside work for you, the cost per sqm should even be quite a bit less. We did have our builder do the inside work as well, and after seeing some building projects around I'd say they did a pretty good job and it figured out around 10,000 baht per sqm. However, there are areas that if they had listened to us it would have been better. If we had it to do over again, I would probably do as those building around me are now doing, and hire the interior done by someone who specializes in that.

Even with an interior designer you will have to check previous projects to see if it meets your requirements.

cruzing
cruzing

Re: build price

Postby john squire » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:51 pm

We were quoted below 9000 bht per sq meter,but found out the Architect was using b grade material ,so we sacked him,and paid the builders directly 3,000 bht per sq meter plus materials
russ wrote:hi me and my wife moved from uk 18 months ago to cha am we are about to build our house the price from the builder is 12 thousand bht per sq mt but does not include bathroom ware or tiles is that normal could please someone advise . reading other post the sq mt price should include bathroom ware and tiles

russ
john squire

Postby jazzman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:18 pm

Hi there,
I am having my house built by locally hired labour (I've checked out other houses they have built) from my own design and materials specification. A single storey house with an all steel construction hip roof with proper tiles (area of 156 sq.m), living room, 3 bed, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, tin roofed car-port and a brick built laundry room. Total cost (excluding the land which belongs to my wife) down to the last nut and bolt and labour, without compromising on quality, around 650,000 baht. (this also included the hire of digging out the hole for the 4x10m swimming pool, because I needed the dirt to raise the mound for the house).
My work is in applied linguistics, so my math isn't very good, but I think you will find that this works out at 4,166 baht per sq.m. - including non-slip bathroom tiles
:D ,the patio, and a 48 metre garden wall along the roadside:
jazzman

Return to material prices & building costs