How much to build my house?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

How much to build my house?

Postby hammer8 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi All

I have bought my plot, found the house plan that I want built and now have to choose a builder.

My question relates to price. The developer wanted a basic 12,000 per sq metre when I agreed to buy the plot but is now suggesting that at this price I will have to accept lower grade tiling etc. Looking around sites and asking a few people, for this money I should be getting top grade everything.

I want the house built to "European " standard and know that it will cost more than average but can anyone advise what I should expect to pay.

Apologies if this is covered else where, in fact I am sure it has but I couldn't find it.

Thanks
hammer8

Postby teletiger » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 pm

find a builder on a labour only basis and supply your own materials. 10,000 Baht per sq mt will get you the best of everything. Our builder (up country) is charging us 2000 Baht per sq mt. The price will vary (city/sticks etc), but not too much.
regards
teletiger

Postby hammer888 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:46 am

Thanks for the advice i'll have a look into that. Seems that the developers might be testing the water to see what they can get away with.
hammer888

Postby SVielha » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:02 pm

teletiger is right.

I paid 290.000 Baht (constructor) + 40.000 (windowsmaker and electric guy) for a house with 210 m2 and 45 m2 of patio.

And another 1.3 million for all materials.

Of course in a bigger town it can be a little more expensive.
SVielha

Postby Kondee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:19 am

SVielha wrote:teletiger is right.

I paid 290.000 Baht (constructor) + 40.000 (windowsmaker and electric guy) for a house with 210 m2 and 45 m2 of patio.

And another 1.3 million for all materials.

Of course in a bigger town it can be a little more expensive.

Zum thema Fenster und Türen......ich denke du hast einen örtlichen Fensterbauer beauftragt.....wie zufrieden bist du mit der Qualität? Sind also keine Fenster und Türen aus der Fabrik...stimmts? Was für eine Art von Holz hast du gewählt (thai name)? Könntest du noch ein paar Bilder einstellen? :wink: Danke

About windows and doors....i think you order from a local builder....well how about quality...are you happy with it? Is not from factory...right? What kind of wood is it (thai name)? Maybe you still can set some pictures more? :wink: Thanx
Kondee

Postby SVielha » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Kondee wrote:
Zum thema Fenster und Türen......ich denke du hast einen örtlichen Fensterbauer beauftragt.....wie zufrieden bist du mit der Qualität? Sind also keine Fenster und Türen aus der Fabrik...stimmts? Was für eine Art von Holz hast du gewählt (thai name)? Könntest du noch ein paar Bilder einstellen? :wink: Danke

About windows and doors....i think you order from a local builder....well how about quality...are you happy with it? Is not from factory...right? What kind of wood is it (thai name)? Maybe you still can set some pictures more? :wink: Thanx

The windows are out of aluminium (frame). The glass is toned dark. For all windows incl. labour we have to pay round about 75.000 Baht. The aluminium 1.2 mm thick. Standard is 1mm. This are sliding windows with 3 and 4 parts. At the 3 parts, 1 can be moved and at the 4 parts, 2 can be moved. Also at each window is a moskito net. Right now they install the windows. If the quality is OK, I can tell you, when I´m in Thailand next month to check the house. We only made one door out of glass. The one between kitchen and meadow, so that more light is in the meadow. All other doors are out of tiek-wood.
SVielha

Postby Kondee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:35 pm

SVielha wrote:
Kondee wrote:

The windows are out of aluminium (frame). The glass is toned dark. For all windows incl. labour we have to pay round about 75.000 Baht. The aluminium 1.2 mm thick. Standard is 1mm. This are sliding windows with 3 and 4 parts. At the 3 parts, 1 can be moved and at the 4 parts, 2 can be moved. Also at each window is a moskito net. Right now they install the windows. If the quality is OK, I can tell you, when I´m in Thailand next month to check the house. We only made one door out of glass. The one between kitchen and meadow, so that more light is in the meadow. All other doors are out of tiek-wood.

75.000 thb sounds like a good price. So i look forward to see more pictures and listen more about your house... :wink:
Kondee

SEQUEL?

Postby jazzman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:22 am

Hammer8

Was there any sequel to your original posting? A lot of us are interested in the costs of building houses - its the main topic of conversation this site :?
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to material prices & building costs