Actual costs of building a complete house

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Actual costs of building a complete house

Postby AjarnJohn » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:42 am

Hi there.

I actually posted a thread a while back as I'd like to buy or build a house in Hat-Yai.

My Thai girlfriend is looking for townhouses at the moment as I'm in the UK.

What I'd like to know is roughly how much I would need to spend if I wanted to build a 2 bedroom townhouse or 2 bedroom house.

Last year new Townhouse property came onto the market in Hat-yai, priced at 1.5m baht.

My budget is 2m baht. What type of property could I expect to build for this amount?

Many thanks.
AjarnJohn
AjarnJohn

Postby SVielha » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:30 pm

I don`t know the area, where you plan to built a house.

But have a look in my thread here:

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380

I have more then 200 m2 in it is round about 1.5 million baht.
SVielha

Postby dozer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Last year new Townhouse property came onto the market in Hat-yai, priced at 1.5m baht.

First off you need to figure how much it would cost you to buy the land, to make the comparison, since building yourself you need to buy this up front.

I'll give a big range: between 6000 to 10000 per square meter finished, depending on many variables.

As a rule of thumb you can generally build a better quality house much cheaper than one you would buy - the downside being the time you need to invest to get the thing done.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby jazzman » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:18 pm

You wouldn't build a townhouse, they are part of terraced rows built by a developer.

I am nearing completion of a 156 sqm single storey house with a complex hip roof design, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large fitted kitchen, an office, Granito floors, White aluminium sliding doors and windows, real roof tiles, not colorbond those coloured corrugated panels - for about 560.000 baht, just a wee bit over my original BOQ. I have about 1.5 rai of prime land, which would have cost about 240,000 baht if I'd had to buy it.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to material prices & building costs