Price to build a Sala in Bangkok!

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Price to build a Sala in Bangkok!

Postby steve14 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi all my first post here.

I was wondering if anybody knows the approximate price to build a sala in our garden.

It is to be used as a outdoor living area and dining room overall size is about 8 metres by 4 metres.

We prefer to make it from concrete rather than wood as our house is kind of modern Bali style.

However we want to have a nice looking timber frame Bali style roof.

Appreciate any input from people who have build a similar thing as we are really just trying to get an idea of cost a ball park figure before we start getting designs or price quotes from the ughh hummm professionals :lol:

Thanks in advance
steve14

Re: Price to build a Sala in Bangkok!

Postby pattayapope » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 am

Steve without a little more details on the roof it is hard to give and approximate cost but I you are using a lot of wood it could be quite expensive, my Sala cost 70,000 baht and is made from steel and CPAC tiles. If you want it looking really nice I would guess 100,000 + baht with lights and fans. Do you have any sketch you can post?
pattayapope

Re: Price to build a Sala in Bangkok!

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Pre-made wooden sala's can be bought out our way (Nontharburi/Bang Bua Thong) for 30,000 baht upwards. They are all wood, but small.
Roger Ramjet

Return to material prices & building costs