chicken wire

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

chicken wire

Postby Sunpax » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm

or maybe you say grating in English ? or stainless wire..i don^t know the exact word for !

I need to make a "wall" that i can see through ...with barbed wire on top

I like to know how much will be for the basic one ! price by m2 with work..just to have an idea

this morning the "iron man" ask me 12000 b for 12m X 1.70 thats make around 600 b m2 !

thanks
Sunpax

Re: chicken wire

Postby Shastadad » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 am

Are you looking for or asking about chicken wire like this ?

chicken wire.jpg

Or chain link fence like this:

chain link fence.jpg
chain link fence.jpg (85.43 KiB) Viewed 1105 times

If the latter then you will find it easily enough but not be able to find a "stretcher" or any other tools to work with it here in Thailand. What they will do is erect steel poles and then weld the wire to the poles. If this is the type of material that the "iron man" is quoting you, then that appears to be about the average price not including digging and installing the poles
Shastadad

Postby Sunpax » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 am

Yes Thank you Shastadad ,its the chain link that i speak about !

and after i rcalculate the price it will be about 550 b the m2 with the work ! is it a correct price ?

Thanks

Ps How much it is to put barbewire on top of perimenter wall ? what is the best way to put on ?
Sunpax

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 am

Having read some of your posts Sunpax, you seem to have a bit of a security problem where you live, which is understandable if living on your own. It is very hard to make any property" Person" proof if they really want to get in, especially if they are aware that you are alone.( I am correct there am I not) Unless you have a reason not to, I would be getting a nice big dog, the right one would give you all the warning you would need to let him out to deal with them , if he isn't already out. Or a good security warning system could be your answer. The chain wire fencing is O.K. but a hand held wire Snips cutting in a few places and it all folds open, they wouldn't bother trying to go over the top where the barbed wire was. Sorry if this all seems a bit negative as to your enquiry.
Mike Judd

Postby Sunpax » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 am

No its not negative , but i have already 2 dogs one 18 months old who signal when somebody is around but this dog is not always at home ! the other one a female she's only 6 months old and she was terrified by the man who attack me last time !

both are big dogs, 60 cms for the male , and 45 cms the female at only 6 months...!

But but ! behind the house is kind of mount 20 m hight with slope...and i cannot close this around .thats mean dogs can go outside when they want !!!

So i was thinking to "lose" a little bit of the view on the mount and put directly a fence at his base ! to stop the dogs to go out...and slowdown the intruders !

But I am still searching for a better idea...now in night is relative safe for me all the windows get security bars .

police survey the house at differents times

I future i will put camera..buy a gun..alarms...electric fence ect...all the things who can slow down the intruders..

For the moment my budget is very small ! i just want to make the basic more efficient thing..my phone is always open diectly to the head police chief mobile ...and i move in garden with a personal alarm about 120 db loud..

i am very sad its like living in prison ...when the night come i don't put a foot outside !

Any suggestion is welcome appart to tell me to leave my place ;)
Sunpax

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 pm

That seems to be a terrible situation to be in , living in fear is not nice. The chain mesh fence would be ideal to keep your dogs in if that is the problem. But not much use if the dogs are as frightened as you. The police need to catch some of the people who are bothering you, then maybe the problem will ease up for you.
Mike Judd

Postby cooked » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 am

The quote seems very expensive to me. I did many quotes for chain link fences in Switzerland, not a cheap country You may have heard, and I was asking ฿1500.- / meter plus about ฿1000.- / post, bringing us to about ฿24 000.-. In Switzerland. Any supervised workman should be able to do this much cheaper. A roll of chain link (which is definitely what you need if you are talking about security) 25 meters long, 180cm costs, if I recall correctly, about ฿4000.-. You could make the fence 150cm high and fill up with loosely hanging barbed wire on top.
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Postby Sunpax » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Cooked,

i am Swiss ! Its seems very expensive to me too !!! for what I ask here about !

with this kind of material do we need to put iron poles every 4 m ? or ?

What's the best way to make it stand ? each end will be fix on the perimeter wall each sides, and i was thinking to put some concrete at the base that my dogs cannot digg.....they are big diggers lolll

Thanks
Sunpax

Postby cooked » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

150 cm height you would need posts every 200cm maximum. Posts 50cm into the ground, concrete. At the ends you will usually need diagonal posts to support the strain caused by tightening the supporting wires, but in your case if you can fix the posts to the wall, um so besser.
I don't know what the posts in galvanised steel cost, I guess that concrete posts will be cheaper and that is the way most Thais prefer to do it. In addition I doubt that you will be able to find the stuff needed to fix up steel poste to support the wire correctly. Maybe you can, but not here in Buriram.
Try browsing through http://www.hsb-bern.ch/11-Rohrpfosten.34.0.html you'll get an idea of what I mean. PM me if you want.
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Postby pattayapope » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Sunpax

I had an 80 meter fence installed on TGF's land in Kanachanaburi and it cost about 30,000 baht, labour was around 6000 baht and the rest was materials, I used 2.2 meter posts and 1.6 meter fencing. A fence like you require can be put in in 4 days max unless they are bone idle. I think the posts are around 160 Baht each and the fencing around 1500 baht roll (10 meters), you will also need some concrete and stringing wire. Hope you find someone to do the work at a reasonable price [*] :D
pattayapope

Postby Sunpax » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks Pattayapope ,

On the base of what you say..it seems that for you, the work was at 75 m2 and for me at 500 B m2 :roll:

I have just paid him a very very good price for the window security !!! I had no choice....I was needed that super quick !

So now he think i am the perfect idiot who pay what people ask her to pay !!!!
Sunpax

Return to material prices & building costs