Small house in Surin

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Small house in Surin

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 pm

jvjessen

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Wiring:

jvjessen

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll post some more detail drawings tonight.

Cheers,
JVJ
jvjessen

Postby sirineou » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi JVJ
Thank you for taking the time to post your building story, everything look good so far
Nice floor plan, though it would help if you reduced the size of the pictures so that CTH would show the whole plan.
I am planing to build something simular in the near future, only rather than raising it 1 m I will raise mine 3 m and use the space downstairs to park the car, storage, an outside kitchen, eliminating the kitchen upstairs and using the upstairs kitchen space for living space. So I will be following your Thread with great interest.
After building a perimeter wall at my property and initially allowing them to mix their own concrete,I quickly changed my mind and ordered ready mix, it is my opinion that going with the "ready mix' for structural columns, beams, and floors, is the better idea.Though you cant be guarantied that the ready mix will be mixed according to specifications,
you have a much better chance of getting the proper proportion of cement. sand , aggregate and water, and if desired for the foundation and ground floor, waterproofing agent, with ready mix than you do when they mix it on site.

Look forward to seeing more of your build
Good Luck
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 pm

sirineou wrote:Hi JVJ
Thank you for taking the time to post your building story, everything look good so far
Nice floor plan, though it would help if you reduced the size of the pictures so that CTH would show the whole plan.
I am planing to build something simular in the near future, only rather than raising it 1 m I will raise mine 3 m and use the space downstairs to park the car, storage, an outside kitchen, eliminating the kitchen upstairs and using the upstairs kitchen space for living space. So I will be following your Thread with great interest.
After building a perimeter wall at my property and initially allowing them to mix their own concrete,I quickly changed my mind and ordered ready mix, it is my opinion that going with the "ready mix' for structural columns, beams, and floors, is the better idea.Though you cant be guarantied that the ready mix will be mixed according to specifications,
you have a much better chance of getting the proper proportion of cement. sand , aggregate and water, and if desired for the foundation and ground floor, waterproofing agent, with ready mix than you do when they mix it on site.

Look forward to seeing more of your build
Good Luck

Hello,

Yeah, you are right, I thought the pictures would resize, I'm using a large monitor so it looked fine, but I see now when I resize the window I can only see the left half of the pictures. I'll try see if I can fix this. (any hints? would I re-upload and edit the posts?)

Yeah, I do think it's a very good idea to plan for some serious flooding considering the last one. Although the land where I'm building wasn't actually flooded last time, I do expect it to happen, so I've raised the land about 1.5m + 1m on the house, at least I will be the last one with water in my living room.

Good point on pre-mixed vs. on site mixing, I'm not sure how much extra it costs with pre-mix, but I unless we talk serious money, I think I'm willing to pay for it. Although as you say, no guarantees it will be any better or worse.

I'll surely post many updates once it takes off, hopefully it will not be a tale of disaster :wink:

Cheers,
JVJ
jvjessen

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: resizing images, it seems I can only edit my last post, so not sure how to do it. Can I replace existing images in the album? Help.

Thanks,
JVJ
jvjessen

Postby sirineou » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah, you are right, I thought the pictures would resize, I'm using a large monitor so it looked fine, but I see now when I resize the window I can only see the left half of the pictures. I'll try see if I can fix this. (any hints? would I re-upload and edit the posts?)

I use the free Google program Picasa,http://picasa.google.com/
When I view a picture in windows, on the bottom there is always a small window which say " edit in Picasa"
when I click on that it opens the picture in Picasa, then under the "file" menu I choose " export" and a window opens asking me where to export the picture and what size. I export the pictures to a file I have on my desk-top title "SML pictures" so that they are easy to find.
Then I upload all my pictures to "Photo bucket" http://photobucket.com/ from there I can copy the URL and paste it in CTH.

55555 :lol:
By the time I posted my reply , I see you resolved your sizing problem
Good Job :D
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

sirineou wrote:

I use the free Google program Picasa,http://picasa.google.com/
When I view a picture in windows, on the bottom there is always a small window which say " edit in Picasa"
when I click on that it opens the picture in Picasa, then under the "file" menu I choose " export" and a window opens asking me where to export the picture and what size. I export the pictures to a file I have on my desk-top title "SML pictures" so that they are easy to find.
Then I upload all my pictures to "Photo bucket" http://photobucket.com/ from there I can copy the URL and paste it in CTH.

55555 :lol:
By the time I posted my reply , I see you resolved your sizing problem
Good Job :D

Thanks, yeah, the first couple of images are still too large, but I'll just leave them as they are not vital. Then I'll be more careful with sizes in the future :D

Cheers
jvjessen

Postby jvjessen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Forgot the legend for electrics:

And water:

jvjessen

Postby jvjessen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Any insights on whether this looks reasonable with the info available?

I don't really have so much insight into what things normally cost, Iron, wood, cement etc. so if anything looks ridiculous, please let me know :)

Also does the construction appear to be reasonably strong? Roof, foundation etc.

Cheers,
JVJ
jvjessen

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs