Glass Shower vendor

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Glass Shower vendor

Postby Shastadad » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 am

I am finally at the last stage of my building project but seem to have become stuck trying to find a vendor in the Pattaya area who can fabricate and install a glass shower enclosure and door

Kanyong provides a service through Marino (http://www.marino.co.th/index.php/shower-products) and they will send a team to measure and design a shower enclosure for you

Unfortunately, it took three weeks to get someone to come and do the measuring and design but was told that it would be two weeks for the design to be sent to the sales staff at Kanyong and then another 2 weeks to schedule an appointment to get the job done

Anyone know of a local glass shop / fabricator that would be faster ?
Shastadad

Re: Glass Shower vendor

Postby fredlk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Shastadad wrote:Anyone know of a local glass shop / fabricator that would be faster ?

On the Theppraset Road just past Lotus Pattaya Tai, there are glass shops whom I've seen making doors and other articles. You could try there and then right at the end on the left again.
fredlk

Postby Shastadad » Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks fredlk tried to go yesterday but traffic was such a nightmare took the course of least resistance, which was to go to Chonburi to look for kitchen stuff

Will try your suggestion tomorrow, since today is a holiday
Shastadad

Postby pattayapope » Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 am

Another option may be the UPVC window people they did some for my friends house and looked quite good, one thing he found over time is the glass stains with the calcium in the water so having opaque glass may be worth considering. The shop he used was the first UPCV shop on the left just after you come off Highway 7 onto Sukumvit between North road and Centre road. You should make sure it is either safety glass or temperd glass, but I guess you already know this.
pattayapope

Postby geordie » Tue May 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Patayapope brick acid will leave the glass new again :lol: :lol: possibly a bit harsh but there are various houshold cleaners that will do the same interestingly look at old wive,s remedys you will probably find a solution either lemon of vinegar i cannot remember but a lot of the old ways forgotton about work !! reformulated and given a nice label you buy them anyway
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Shastadad » Thu May 03, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks everyone and per fredlk's suggestion on my way back from Immigration yesterday stopped at one of the glass shops on Theppraset and the guy showed up at the house yesterday afternoon and took measurements and gave me a quote of 22,000 THB for the job to be completed in about a week

In the meantime Kanyong got back to me and wanted 40,940 THB for the enclosure to be completed in three weeks, an offer that I declined, since I will go for the 22K price

Sort of funny how these vendors work. The first glass shop, that recently opened on Sukumvit about 2 km from the house, showed up without a tape measure and pen to "measure" the shower and never got back to me :x

The guy yesterday at least showed up with a measuring tape but no pen !!!!! :lol:
Shastadad

Postby Shastadad » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 am

Success here is what 22,000 THB get's you in the Pattaya area

I think my current builder is jealous since anyone I contract with shows up and get's the job done :P

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

NOTE: glass blocks are a reflected in glass
Shastadad

Return to material prices & building costs