Price granit ???

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Price granit ???

Postby Sunpax » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi everybody

Whats the price of granit m2 for kitchen ? I like the pink one or beige rose one !

3 or 4 cms high ? I thinck the one coming from Thailand is more expensive than China ! no ?

Min price ? med. price ? higher price ??? (maybe not for me ..loll)

how they calculate the m2 ? if by exemple my kitchen is 7 m lengh x 0.60 m ? do they calculate 7 x 1 = 7 m2

or 7 x 0.6 = 4,2 m2 ?

Thanks
Sunpax

Re: Price granit ???

Postby thailazer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 pm

We just priced some up here in Chiang Mai between 1800 and 4000 baht a running meter. Note that price by length, not by area. This was 60 cm wide stock. Of course, we liked the more expensive stuff!
thailazer

Postby sezze » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:15 pm

The price of granite for countertop ( kitchen / bathroom etc ) is not per sqm but indeed per length . Tiles are per sqm . Granite slabs are normally 60 cm wide but 70 or is it 80 is also pretty standard available . Anything wider then you go real special ( price ) .
Lengthwise , for a piece of 7m normally it is in 2 pieces as the slabs are not that long .
Now prices ... that is hard as it is very broad range . Yes , you have the 2 groups , local and imported but 2nd you also have availabilaty and demand . Sometimes Chinese granite is cheaper then some Thai granite because there is more demand on world market . This is a pure cosmetic choice and not based on other things .
Granite slabs go for less then 1000 baht up to 7000 and i think more per meter , and 99% of the case it is pure the color which is the factor which makes the price . Thickness of the slabs is i think 16mm , certainly not 25 or 35 mm like in other parts of the world . If you want the visual affect of 30 or 40mm then they glue a small piece at the edge to make it look bigger .
sezze

Postby Shastadad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 am

When I was looking all the prices I obtained included cutting the holes for cook top and sink but did not include rounding the edges. Finally let the carpenter who built the kitchen cabinets deal with the purchase based upon my choice of color so price was rolled into the total kitchen build cost
Shastadad

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

Remember Granite is a natural material and like marble can be porous, red wine for instance can leave a stain especially on light colours. an alternate material available a lot now for bench tops is what's called Caesar Stone, basically like Tarazzo but made with resin and coloured cement and polished to a high gloss. Very durable and hard wearing, resists heat ,stains etc; Most of it here in Oz comes from Israel but I have seen it in the kitchen displays in Home-Pro. Just a thought.!
Mike Judd

Postby falangsabai » Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 am

We just started our house. We were daunted by the cost of granite counters. We then discovered the granite tile. We looked at some applications and it looks real good. It is fine for us, as we wanted black color. With the tiles, your color choices are limited. Tiles cost about 600 baht for a box of 4 60cm x 60cm tiles. We're doing all our counters for under 4,000 baht, not including labor.
falangsabai

Postby Sunpax » Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I prefer to put the entire counter in granit...i cook a lot and i like a plane surface...more easy to clean...especialy when i make bread and pastry...
but maybe the front in tiles is good idea ! next month i go to town, and i will after the both things.
Sunpax

Postby dozer » Mon May 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Granite slabs are normally 60 cm wide but 70 or is it 80 is also pretty standard available . Anything wider then you go real special ( price ) .
If you buy from a stone works that processes the raw stone slabs there is no extra charges for sizes and it is sold by the square meter. For example if your counter is 62 cm wide by 5 meters you would be charged for 3.1 sq meters. It is the local dealers or middlemen that force you to choose from standard sizes and sell by the linear meter which adds a lot on to the cost. The prices at a stone works near Pattaya for local Thai granite was 1300 per square meter last time we purchased (comes in about 5 color variations, other colors and imported granite are more expensive some two to three times as much), with a edging fee as well as a fee for the sink opening. The installation was normally 700 per linear meter from the installer.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby REED » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Does anyone know if there are any stone works in or around the CM area?
REED

Postby Makmak456 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 pm

REED wrote:Does anyone know if there are any stone works in or around the CM area?

Same question in Mukdahan area ??
TIA
Mark
Makmak456

Return to material prices & building costs