COST FOR PAVING STONE PARKING AREA?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: COST FOR PAVING STONE PARKING AREA?

Postby cooked » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Happy to help, so I'll carry on without you! Geordie: making a drive with washed concrete shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of most construction firms?
Attachments
aggregate.jpg
aggregate.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Postby geordie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:24 pm

There is a chemical that you can spray on there that eats the cement off the surface wash with a hose next day job done nice if you can get a decorative agregate
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby sezze » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 am

geordie wrote:Its £40-£45 a square meter in uk 3 years ago ? at £14 Thaiand thats not bad especially as you could probably negotiate them down a bit I don,t know if you have seen it done but its labour intensive and the materials are expensive The concrete has fibres in it and an air entrainer ?? plus its a 6mm stone used then you have to broadcast a powdered dye across the whole surface trowel it in then followed by talcum powder to stop the mats sticking its printed then its allowed a night to cure and jetwashed to create a shadow bold effect (depending on pattern.coulor) then two coats of sealant ?? the mats are up to £400 a set and the tools are all suposed to be tungsten or something which trebles the price of your trowels ect this is to do with keeping air in the concrete so it moulds better usually the aim is the oposite you want the air out i did train to lay it but never took it up its ""backbreaking hard work"" also you have a race against the clock out there because the heat will kick the curing in almost as soon as its levelled giving you a very narrow window to print in the pattern

Might be , but still i would not look at this option at this price , and looking what the alternatives are . To be attractive it has to go down to a pricelevel near equal of sandwash . After all it still is a concrete topping .

Taking about the picture above . The chemical is basically any acid but normally muriatic acid / hydrogen chlorid is used . Be careful when using it because it also likes to eat skin ( allthough it is not superdangerous ) .
sezze

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 am

CONCRETE SURFACE RETARDER FOR EXPOSED AGGREGATE

Concrete Surface Retarder is a spray applied chemical surface retarder that delays the set of the surface of concrete to create exposed aggregate finishes. Surface Retarder is often a water soluble, easily sprayable, non-flammable liquid and should be V.O.C. compliant

The main thing is to order the proper size stone. I had this done on all my driveways and foot paths at my last house in Canada. Retarder was strayed on after concrete was poured and just hosed down about four hours later exposing the aggregate. Price was near identical to standard concrete
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby jazzman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:07 pm

sezze wrote:The chemical is basically any acid but normally muriatic acid / hydrogen chlorid is used . Be careful when using it because it also likes to eat skin ( allthough it is not superdangerous ) .

Yes, hydrochloric acid - sometimes still called muriatic acid - (acide chlorhydrique, Saltzsäure) is generally used. It's cheap enough and comes in 25 drums, but it's often marketed under proprietary brands for a horrendous price, particularly by swimming pool shops where it is sold for balancing the water chemistry. Always uses gloves and eye protection when handling it, and don't breathe the fumes.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby geordie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Jazzman any ideas on stockists in basic form rather than branded for pools
geordie

Postby jazzman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes. Are you in Keng Kroh this week?
Hydrochloric acid = กรดไฮโดรคลอริก (krodhydrochloric or กรดเกลือ (krodkluea). Most hardawae stores or builders merchants.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby geordie » Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 am

Not there at the moment back in the cold and rain trying to organize container shipment and of course deciding what to pack in it,them are you still passing through regularly ?
geordie

Postby jazzman » Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Yes, about once a week. Have you got any (small) space in your container?
jazzman

Postby geordie » Wed May 02, 2012 3:36 am

jazzman wrote:Yes, about once a week. Have you got any (small) space in your container?

PM me looks like two containers for sure :lol:
geordie

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs