price and manufacturer for ceramic floor tiles

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

price and manufacturer for ceramic floor tiles

Postby emma4evr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 am

Hi everybody!
Im not too experienced in these matters, but i have had a lot of difficulty to find any ceramic tiles that are cheap here. It comes to about 25 dollars per sq.m (Kenzo tiles etc), and I cant seem to find any cheaper ones, even if i have heard there are ceramic floor tiles for about 4 dollars/sq.m. If anybody knows what company manufactures such tiles in Thailand, it would be great help for me; I dont want Chinese ones that I have been able to find this far.

Emma :)
emma4evr

Re: price and manufacturer for ceramic floor tiles

Postby MGV12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Emma ... welcome to CTH

It would be helpful if you could post the location of your build and then members local to you may be able to point you in the right direction of stockists.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby pattayapope » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:56 am

Emma, I seriously doubt you can get floor tiles for 4 US$ M2 and if you can they will probably be sub standard, when you look on the box they will have a grade number and AAA is top quality. Global House from my experiance has a good selection and at good prices you should be able to get in price range of 250 to 400 baht M2. The only time you can get cheap tiles which are good quality is when the store only has a few boxes left and they want to clear the stock.
pattayapope

Postby Rick B » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Cotto tiles are not too expensive and I believe made in Thailand. They can be found at most Home Marts. Also, if you are in or around Bangkok, try Boonthavorn for tiles. They have a large variety and are not too expensive. Good luck!
Rick B

Postby emma4evr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Thank you so much for all the information! I will try to check these out :D
emma4evr

Postby joeverbiest » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:26 am

hi Emma,

i dit drive around chiang mai quite a bit and i ended up buying my tiles in Global House,
quallity and prices compared

joe
joeverbiest

Return to material prices & building costs