building prices in thailand

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

building prices in thailand

Postby gavin s » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

gidday from australia. Late next year my wife and i plan to settle 50km from kamphaeng phet and need a guide to building costs.i,e cost per sq meter. the house will be a conventional rectangular shape with brick walls / steel frame roof [a frame] with probally a colorbond roof, 2 bathrooms and a western style kitchen with tiles throughout. its a modest house 8m by 19m or 152 sq meters. the land 30m by 40m will need filling approx 2m to raise it above roadway. we have have town water and electricity but not sure of sewerage yet. the name of a good builder in the area would also be of help. would agood fence be inclusive or extra? if extra how much per meter approx? hope someone can help with this guide best regards gavin and surany stewart. p.s. thanks dozer for directing me to the right place to post my question. i should also add we want quality bricks and insulation for obvious reasons and stainless gutters etc for longevity. i want to keep woodwork to a minimum to aid against termites.
gavin s

Re: building prices in thailand

Postby pattayapope » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Gavin

If you want to build to a resonable standard you should budget for 10 - 12,000 baht M2 and wall depending on height should be about 12, 1800 baht a meter extra on top of house build. I can be built cheaper if you have supervisory skills and employ labor only or use a simple construction and cheaper materials such as cinder blocks. The above prices should give you AAC block walls and fully tiled with UPV or aluminium windows.

Hope this helps putting a budget together and good luck with the house.
pattayapope

Postby gavin s » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 pm

thank you pattayapope for help.the guide you have given puts us well within our budget and leaves us enough for my garage /workshop and outdoor kitchen/partio area which i plan to build myself. i have good building skills. can you see a problem with this? was the 1800b per meter for the fence? best regards gavin and surany.
gavin s

Postby pattayapope » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Gavin

Prices to build wall vary quite a lot and you can search the forum to see examples of build using labour only and employing a builder to do it for you so 1,800 baht per meter would be on the top end for a fully plastered cinder block wall. Ofcourse builders will always try and squeeze as much profit as possible out of a build so be carefull when negotiating.

On my build I bought most of the fixtures and fittings and the builder installed these as part of his quote, this way you get what you want and not what the builder had in his budget. You can look at my short build (5 year building plan in Huay Yai) story and it has a final costing at the end and came in about 12,000 baht per m2. My wall is made from stone and is 30 cm thick and cost me 2,250 baht per meter (2 meter high) but it looks nice and requires no maintenance.
pattayapope

Postby gavin s » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

thanks once again pattayapope. your input has been very informative and much appreciated. it renews our confidence to begin our new life in thailand. best regards always gavin and surany stewart.
gavin s

Postby krisb » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:23 am

Gday Gavin, my wife and I are building near Chumphae about 100km from Khon Kaen. Ive only just started building we have a 1/2 acre block that needed 200 dump trucks of dirt at 190baht a truck included getting it spread. The concrete and steel reo and the labour cost was 90,000baht. Thats the footings, columns etc. House size is 15m x 20m and just a simple rectangle shape. My brother in law is a builder and has his team do the work. Each tradie gets about 300baht a day. Not sure where your land is but if you need a builder my brother in law does nice work Ive seen his house he built. Anyway thats my 2cents for ya, Good luck with it mate
krisb

Postby geordie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Krisb are you making any progress the wife is just down the road from you khaen khro
Her father died so she,s there for the funeral but she reckons the rain is horrendous (she has not lived there for ten years so it,s probably normal monsoon why are you not documenting the build??
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby krisb » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 pm

My condolences on her father passing. Our house is halfway between Chumphae and Si Chompu. Im not familiar with the area your wife is in mate. Anyways if you ever see a falang driving a sam lor, yell out "Kris" and I'll stop and say gday. I dont think theres to many of us riding round on em by the looks on the locals faces anyway :lol: Yeah suppose I could upload a few pics. Compared to some of the houses all you guys are building ours is quite humble really but seeing others building houses sucessfully and plenty of good stories about tricks and traps, builds up confidence to build in Thailand. Anyway I will get those pics up asap. :)
krisb

Postby geordie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks for the condolences he was 79 so no youngster he was diagnosed and given six to eight weeks (cancer) thank god he lasted 1 1/2 weeks only my wife had phoned daily as she has for years her sister cautioned her about the floods and the disruption to transport and they decided that begining of november the wife would fly out there ! my concern was the condition the old boy would have been in by then but he passed away peacefully in his sleep
after having a bit of a rally and saying he was hungry for beef his favourite ate ite nodded off and did not wake up so a better resolution altogether and a less painful one for everyone
Chumpae if i am thinking of the right place there is/was a buffalo auction we bought our first buffalo there :lol: :lol: :lol: its a straight road from there to Khaen khro about 2o mins in the direction of chaiyaphum from chumpae we are 1-1/2 g :lol: ive or take from khon khaen maybe 2 hours depends on the driver :mrgreen

I would not worry too much about the house being a palace we all have a problem there =budget only some of us more of a problem than other so they have bigger houses around khaen khro there are a dozen largish houses there is no one to see them or care :lol: i personally do not have a clue what i will end up with or even where but it could well be i will make an offer on the shed next door to Fred in sattahip i stayed in the mil,s wooden stilt job enough times to not be worried by it: It has to be rainproof with a minimum of vermin and at least one area cool enough to sleep anything above that is bonus if my health gets any worse i will not have the enegy to look for somewhere to buy let alone build please throw the photo,s on we all love our home no matter what

Gavin s my apologies for borrowing your thread i try and avoid prices unless something seems extotianate but pattaya pope is usually on the ball for his pricing
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby gavin s » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:59 am

gidday krisb thanks for your reply.we are heading over in april to finalise land and start filling for build when we return in july/august for the last time .the name and contact of your brotherinlaw would be appreciated and we will almost certainly contact him as we dont have abuilder yet. all the best mate gavin and surany
gavin s

Postby gavin s » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 am

thanks geordie but no need to apologise . im cool with everyones input. all the best gavin and surany
gavin s

Postby krisb » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:32 pm

gavin s wrote:gidday krisb thanks for your reply.we are heading over in april to finalise land and start filling for build when we return in july/august for the last time .the name and contact of your brotherinlaw would be appreciated and we will almost certainly contact him as we dont have abuilder yet. all the best mate gavin and surany

Hi sorry for the late reply mate. My brother in laws name is Son sounds like song without the g at the end. His number is <please send contact numbers by PM or via admin - mod>. He doesnt speak any English so your missus will have to do the talking mate. Ive been to his house and he definately knows what hes doing. Good luck with it all.
krisb

Postby krisb » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:15 pm

krisb wrote:
gavin s wrote:gidday krisb thanks for your reply.we are heading over in april to finalise land and start filling for build when we return in july/august for the last time .the name and contact of your brotherinlaw would be appreciated and we will almost certainly contact him as we dont have abuilder yet. all the best mate gavin and surany

Hi sorry for the late reply mate. My brother in laws name is Son sounds like song without the g at the end. His number is +66 852 064 977. He doesnt speak any English so your missus will have to do the talking mate. Ive been to his house and he definately knows what hes doing. Good luck with it all.

And ps perhaps mention my wifes name to him, her name is Kwan.
krisb

Postby gavin s » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 am

krisb thanks mate for your reply we will give Son a call when we arrive and arrange a meeting.hows your project going? Hope it all works out well for you and the missus. Hearing back from you and others certainly renews our confidence in commencing our new adventure.Until next time best regards gavin and surany in melbourne oz.
gavin s

Postby krisb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 am

Ahh a Melbournite! Im in Adelaide that makes us neighbours :lol: It certainly is an adventure, one that Im really enjoying and I hope you guys do also :D A spirit of adventure and a good lady is the key so far for me. Also the cheap cost of building is helping sway decisions! Gotta love it dont ya!! :D :D :D
krisb

Next

Return to material prices & building costs