Floor plank vs cpac + rebar

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Floor plank vs cpac + rebar

Postby Sunpax » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 am

When i calculate the price for precast floor plank is come cheaper that to make cpac + rebar !!!

ex : for 100 m2 ( 10 x 10 m surface )

if you put 9 mm rebar every 20 cms ! 50 + 50 = 100 x 9mm rebar...and but because you need a double frame its come at 200 X 9 mm
so 200 x 115 bahts = 23000 bahts
need to put 10 cms Cpac : 100 m2 x 0.10 = 10 m3 cpac at 1850 bahts = 18500 bahts

so Cpac and rebar = 23000 + 18500 = 41500 bahts

If we put precast slab :

100 m2 x 225 bahts = 22500 bahts

Cpac need to put only 0.05 m : 100 m2 X 0.05 = 5 m3 x 1850 = 9250 bahts

so its make

9250 + 22500 = 31750 bahts

also : cpac + rebar = 41500 bahts ............and floor plank + cpac = 31750 bahts !!!

any comments about ?
Sunpax

Re: Floor plank vs cpac + rebar

Postby Max&Bee-in-CM » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Sunpax, to do a concrete pour on the 2nd floor, you will also need 100 sqm of 8" or 10" wooden planks (generally 3m long), plus bamboo or other wood pieces to build a support structure between the horizontal beams. Unless there is a sufficient supply of wood on site, they have to be bought or rented. Something like in these photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nongkhaide ... hotostream

How difficult would it to be to rent a pickup or van (Budget, Hertz) and drive to pickup floor planks from the next biggest city, a few trips would be required of course.
Please check out our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/KiddieToysReview
"Toys & Fun with Ely & Ela"
Max&Bee-in-CM

Postby geordie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Two layers of 9mm is more steel than you would use in a car park? the engineer needs to comment
Given the availability of steel shuttering that could be used with a suitable support system to cast the floor and the steel shuttering is rental only so no high purchase cost
the whole floor need not be cast as one it could be poure in a couple or even a few hits
The crane normally is a facility you use free or a nominal charge from the company that supplies the pre cast planks ordering through a local builders shop will not grant you that access unless the shop has ordered a delivery straight to site
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Sunpax » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Max&Bee-in-CM wrote:Sunpax, to do a concrete pour on the 2nd floor, you will also need 100 sqm of 8" or 10" wooden planks (generally 3m long), plus bamboo or other wood pieces to build a support structure between the horizontal beams. Unless there is a sufficient supply of wood on site, they have to be bought or rented. Something like in these photos:

How difficult would it to be to rent a pickup or van (Budget, Hertz) and drive to pickup floor planks from the next biggest city, a few trips would be required of course.

to rent a truck and make 3 days course with it and go there myself ect ect will cost more than 10000 bahts and I cannot do !

for the forms I have enought metalic parts...from my builder ( it was a part of the deal with him ;) and for what I sign with him.!
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:54 pm

geordie wrote:Two layers of 9mm is more steel than you would use in a car park? the engineer needs to comment
Given the availability of steel shuttering that could be used with a suitable support system to cast the floor and the steel shuttering is rental only so no high purchase cost
the whole floor need not be cast as one it could be poure in a couple or even a few hits
The crane normally is a facility you use free or a nominal charge from the company that supplies the pre cast planks ordering through a local builders shop will not grant you that access unless the shop has ordered a delivery straight to site

Thanck you ..it was the answer i was waiting before I make the ground floor who was very expensive !

And now I am afraid that my local builder has order and get the answers of two month from the next city ! I need to ask them from where they get this answer..

I will post some news...
Sunpax

Return to material prices & building costs