QSAF Product Question

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

QSAF Product Question

Postby patekatek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with a company or product called QSAF?

I am purchasing some property in the Kaeng Krachan area and am currently in Chonburi. At the Central mall there is an office for this company and it appears they sell a pre-fab building product that is used in Japan's earth quake conscious construction. I searched this forum for QSAF but didn't get any hits. Too new, perhaps? They are offering a "special" construction rate of baht 8,500 per sq meter using this product.
patekatek

Re: QSAF Product Question

Postby Sunpax » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Here is something...from Niranut member of this forum...

Report this postReply with quote Re: prefabricated houses
by niranut » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 am

curious if others have had any experience with any of the pre-fab companies here in LOS.

After seeing their ads in the Thai Rat paper, I went to the website for Q-Saf (http://www.qsaf.biz); the site is only in Thai. They advertise 8,900/sqm for medium sized houses and 9,000/sqm for larger homes. Also throw in little extras (current promotion is a/c in every bedroom). I don't know how much wiggle room there is on the pricing and am not very familiar with the pros and cons of pre-fab houses. The "Fresh" line include the concrete columns and can be done in about 4 months, while the "Wind" line can be assembled in as little as 10 hours...

Also read somewhere that the Siam Cement Group was going to start producing pre-fab houses this year or next, but they had contracts with big developers for the time being. So not available to the general public.

Are there other pre-fab companies here?

Am interested to hear if others have any thoughts.niranut

link to all thread : http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/view ... =41&t=1910
Sunpax

Postby geordie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 am

There was a long discusion on the other thread and i think most of the comments still hold its a daft process where your PREFAB ??? takes four months site work and involves pouring a concrete skeleton
to my mind if you are doing that its no longer prefab how would you feel about going into a furniture shop ordering wardrobes and they send out a cerpenter with several sheets of plywood a box of screws and a tin of varnish
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby patekatek » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the link for the prefab building information. I think if I would have used q-saf as a search argument I would have found the info.

Yesterday afternoon my wife dropped off some plans for a single level house having approximately 240 sq. Meters of living space with that QSAF office at Central. The girl in the office said an architect/designer would look at the plans and let us know the if, and's, or but's of being able to build to our plans. No time estimate given on how long we have to wait to hear from them. :?: :?: :?:
patekatek

Postby patekatek » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 am

Geordie......It depends on the quality of the plywood..... :) :)
patekatek

Postby Sunpax » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 am

patekatek wrote:Thanks for the link for the prefab building information. I think if I would have used q-saf as a search argument I would have found the info.

Yesterday afternoon my wife dropped off some plans for a single level house having approximately 240 sq. Meters of living space with that QSAF office at Central. The girl in the office said an architect/designer would look at the plans and let us know the if, and's, or but's of being able to build to our plans. No time estimate given on how long we have to wait to hear from them. :?: :?: :?:

let us now what's going with them please...
Sunpax

Postby geordie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 pm

patekatek wrote:Geordie......It depends on the quality of the plywood..... :) :)

true but would you want the mess the //chippy// is going to make
geordie

Postby patekatek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:50 am

Kicking out a fantastic carpenter for some saw dust would be the same as kicking a beautiful woman out of your bed for eating crackers. Just joking with ya. I do get your original point. :D
patekatek

Postby geordie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 am

hmm if i had a beatiful woman in my bed i like to think she would be well enough ocupied that crackers would not be an issue :wink:
geordie

Postby patekatek » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Still no word back on an estimate. We stopped there a few days ago and they said they sent it to the Bangkok office. While in the office we met with one of their architects about a different house plan and she said she would get back to use. However, I believe we will be back in the states before she responds. If we do hear from them I will let you know that their estimate is.
patekatek

Return to material prices & building costs