M2 rendering

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

M2 rendering

Postby Sunpax » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:24 pm

How much ciment do I need for 1 m2 render walls inside and outside ?

for concrete wall is one bag by m2...but to "shap" how many bag "type 1" (95 bahts) do I need for 1 m2 ?

thanck's
Sunpax

Re: M2 rendering

Postby geordie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Sunpax wrote:How much ciment do I need for 1 m2 render walls inside and outside ?

for concrete wall is one bag by m2...but to "shap" how many bag "type 1" (95 bahts) do I need for 1 m2 ?

thanck's

SUNPAX there is not an answer to your question because there are variables that will stuff the calculations
With rendering you are using it to straighten and parfect the blockwork so any imperfections will reflect in how mutch material you use
a slight thickening will throw out the calculations the same
My suggestion would be to look through and read a few of the posts regarding plastering and render there are lots of them and that will give you and idea roughly

there is a search facility at the very top of this page which will if you type in plastering and rendering take you to the section you need and give you a better idea of the process

One thread suggests between .016and.024 of sand and 6kg-8.5kg of cement one answer would apply to rendering on a smooth straight surface the other would apply to real world conditions
the answer is give it a guess after reading a few threads most builders will do that purely becase of the previously mentioned variables

also take a look at jazzmans breakdown on cost of a wall where he has costed out a section of wall its acurate enough for estimating and he updates as prices rise
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Re: M2 rendering

Postby Sunpax » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 pm

geordie wrote:
Sunpax wrote:How much ciment do I need for 1 m2 render walls inside and outside ?

thanck's

One thread suggests between .016and.024 of sand and 6kg-8.5kg of cement one answer would apply to rendering on a smooth straight surface the other would apply to real world conditions
the answer is give it a guess after reading a few threads most builders will do that purely becase of the previously mentioned variables

Thanck you ! it is what I was looking for !

And again I see that my BOQ is totally falsch ...grrr
because it say i need one bag for one m2 ! 680m2 x 95 = 64,600 bahts ! without labour cost !!!
Sunpax

Return to material prices & building costs