low cost guesthouse

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

low cost guesthouse

Postby jay2fruity » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 pm

hey..As someone with zero building knowledge i would ike to ask how much a basic 6/7 rooms guesthouse would cost,basic 1 double room,sperate shower would cost.I know i wont get a real figure but just a ball mark(have land allready)..also would it be cheaper to build something simple like this.. http://photos.tradeholding.com/attach/h ... /maza1.jpg x6 or 7?thanks for your time
jay2fruity

Re: low cost guesthouse

Postby fredlk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:40 pm

jay2fruity wrote:i would ike to ask how much a basic 6/7 rooms guesthouse would cost,basic 1 double room,sperate shower would cost.I know i wont get a real figure but just a ball mark(have land allready)..also would it be cheaper to build something simple like this..

Building in wood will usually work out more expensive than building in brick and concrete.
If you go through the forum and look at the different builds, you will see building costs from as low as 10,000 Baht per square metre and as high as 20,000 Baht.
So, 6.5 rooms at 16 square metres each is 104 square metres times 10,000 Baht is 1,040,000 Baht for the cheapest construction.
fredlk

Postby geordie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm

take a look at what jazzman built in the way of bungalows guest rooms i think building a 4 room mote in issan or something(drugged againbrains gone)he built them for very little and they looked great for the purpose bhat 250 000 and took 47 days look at one of his postings ther is a link
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby otis-a » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 am

Yea me thinks Jazzy & I beg to differ on the 10k/sm figure
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 am

Otis thats part of life on a forum the freedom of choice to either believe and do or disregard what you read but you only have to look at what he built to get a rough idea on materials he states how long it took used preformed colums a small roof so no major structural engineering a basic structure and not even attempting to reach western standards a cheap and cheerful place to get some sleep

putting that aside i have had the pleasure to actually meet him he advised me a lot on my build and i have to admit he does know where to shop i was too busy to trek to khon khaen
and as a result spent a good few thousand extra buying in the village this aside he disected the hotel we were in and priced it room by room when the owner joined us for a drink and told us the cost you could not have a weekend in pattaya on the difference he also uses the same team and gets a good deal on labour probably with minimal slacking so cutting costs further i 100% believe his costs and of course what has he to gain by lying???
geordie

Postby jazzman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:53 am

It wasn't 10K baht / m2, it was more like 3K. There's even a BOQ soewhere that I posted on this site - but don't ask me to translate it for you ;)

What people forget when they go in for building multiple guest rooms are costs of the furniture, bedding, towels, and diverse sundries, TVs (and cable splitters), WiFi , telephones, etc, etc. They can double the actual costs and of course anre not shown in a construction BOQ.

The moral of the story is: have a business plan, do your market research, be sure to operate on at least 75% occupancy, work out your ROI and don't price your rooms out of the market you intend to capture.

Geordy, I drove through Keng Kroh again last night.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby geordie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Jazzman looks like it will be a while before i see the place again
update on the house sale after selling it 5 months agoand being deluged with the most ridiculous questions i got a letter friday telling me the sale was off ????
no explanation just OFF
not having worked since february it was not what i wanted to hear as the money is now getting thin i may have to come out of retirement :cry: :cry:
geordie

Postby kknaj » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Hmm thats a good question. Separate structure for each guest house per your picture. Hard to say without seeing the interior. Not sure if Con wood could be used instead of real wood slats. Or building it with cement blocks.

Perhaps you can find some prefabricated houses of this size. I think the jazzman construction materials could be used for such a project. Would be intersting to see a project with 6-7 separate buildings put together on this site.
kknaj

Postby jazzman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 am

Separate free-standing bungalows with rooms the size of the ones I built (4 x 5 inl. big bathroom) would actually not cost very much more. Only really the price of the extra bricks, rendering, and paint for the side walls, more pre-cast concrete posts, and concrete for their footings.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby otis-a » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I broke out costs for my build-2stories 280 sm and they ring up to 4k.tb/sm without land and furnishing or 5.4k tb/sm with land and all.
This is by reciepts so it is not estimate & build 95% done. Remaining work is payout on fixed price agreements
so split twin hares it is 5.35k tb/sm for all but perimeter wall - the wall costed to not exceed 50k tb- if u must- wall is not a necessity for my location. Will likely do car park b4 wall.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby erikr69 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 am

I find it amazing what you managed to build for that price Otis, though I would have chosen some different colors :D
erikr69

Return to material prices & building costs